Chapter 12

Abandoned Warehouse

The old rusted door swung open vigorously.

"Damn it!" Reverse Flash came through cursing, "Damn it!"

He knocked over a table out of anger.

Soon after Overgirl walks in, limping. She held her device in one hand and used her other hand to hold her side. She was in pain. After the device had run out of power, she realized that she had lost her powers completely. She couldn't fly, use her heat vision, or anything else. It's been a day since her fight with Supergirl and she still hadn't recovered.

"Eobard!" Overgirl yelled struggling to seat herself on an old crate.

"What!" He responded in frustration as he removed his cowl.

"Why haven't my powers return to me yet!" She yelled at him, equally frustrated over her loss.

"Because you solar flared." Eobard responded in a much calmer voice, he was finally starting to cool down. "The device was designed to push your powers and physical strength to the absolute max. It was meant to give you what you needed to beat Supergirl. The device was designed to stress your body to its max and it was expected that you solar flared afterwards."

"Then why did you let me use it. Why didn't you warn me!" Overgirl yelled in anger towards him.

"Because if you were able to perform the extraction, like you were suppose to, you wouldn't have solar flared!" Eobard yelled, "The device was meant to synchronize your bodies. Doing this would erase Supergirl from existence, but would save you. Since her heart isn't damaged like yours, merging your bodies together into a single being would save you. Along with the new heart your strength and powers would have double. The sample of hair you got from her, allowed you to get a small taste of the power you would have obtained if you were to have done what I told. But instead you choose to waste your time by amusing yourself by throwing her around and watching her scream!"

"Watch your tongue, Eobard!" Overgirl yelled at him.

"No! You threw away a perfectly good opportunity just so that you can feel all high and mighty. You wasted our best DNA sample, and now we have to settle for this!" Eobard yelled as he held up a broken syringe with less of a quarter of Kara's blood. "This blood sample is to small. You'll get an even shorter amount of time to perform the extraction now."

"I am not all to blame here, Thawne." Overgirl said standing up, having enough of Eobard blaming her, "You said that you could kill him. You said he wouldn't get in my way. You said you were faster then The Flash!"

"I am faster than The Flash!" Eobard yelled.

"Well then how in the world was he able to come to Supergirl's aid. How was he able to get around you." Overgirl questioned him.

Eobard turned away from her not saying a thing. He thought back to his fight with The Flash. His long time enemy. He hated him. It has been his life time goal to kill The Flash; to take away everything and everyone he loved. He only agreed to join Overgirl on this mission so that he could finally get a shot at killing The Flash.

The plan was simple. He would help Overgirl with her condition and in return Overgirl promised to help him by trapping Barry Allen on a different Earth. On this Earth Barry would have no Cisco, no Catiline, and most importantly no Iris. He would be alone. A final one on one match between his rival. But something was different.

Barry Allen was faster.

He didn't understand. He had faced The Flash many times before. He has studied him for years. He had become so familiar with the Flash's speed that any change in it; he would know. Everytime they would fight it would just be a game of chase. Eobard did this all the time. He enjoyed seeing The Flash run after him, he found it so satisfying when he would look behind and see Barry Allen struggle to keep up with him. He could watch him try to catch him his entire life. There were even moments when he would intentionally slow down, just for the fun of it. He would look back and see Barry reach his hand out, trying so desperately to grab him, but once he saw he was close to touching him, he would pick his pace back up. He did this just to get his hopes up, just to give Barry that feeling of "I almost had him", but in reality he was never even close.