Chapter 18

Kara's Apartment

Overgirl and the Reverse Flash stood at sight of the explosion. They had their masks on and Overgirl's power enhancing device was functioning again.

"Oh crap." Barry said, "Kara we need to go."

Kara shock her head and the two began to head towards the door. The two would have made it if Kara wasn't stabbed by the mechanical needle coming from Overgirl's Solar Cell Enhancing Device.

"Agh!" Kara yelled as she felt the extremely painful needle jam into her back.

"Kara!" Barry yelled when he saw Kara being punctured.

"Beginning synchronization process!" A robotic voice from the Solar Cell Enhancing Device announced.

"Agh!" Kara yelled even louder as she began to experience a rush of pain. A blue aura began to form around her and a red area began to form around Overgirl.

Between the two of them we see Kara's blue area begin to shift and move over to Overgirl's. The blue aura from Kara traveled from her, through the cord, and into Overgirl. Overgirl's aura began to grow and turn a deeper shade of red.

"Yes. I feel my power growing." Overgirl announced.

Kara felt the opposite, she felt her power leaving her. She was in so much pain that she dropped to her hands and knees.

As soon as Barry saw this he tapped into the speed force and began to sprint at Overgirl. He wasn't able to get far because Reverse Flash countered his attack with a super speed punch that sent Barry flying backwards into the apartment's wall.

Once Barry was unbalanced Reverse Flash quickly took his opportunity and sped over behind Barry and got him in a head look. He pulled Barry's head up and kicked him to his knees so that he could watch as Kara died.

"No... Kara!" Was all Barry could choke out. He desperately reached his hand out to her, hoping to reach her, but he couldn't. He tried to phase out of Reverse Flash's grip, but every time he would begin to phase, Eobard would counter it by phasing himself.

"You're not going anywhere Flash." Reverse Flash whispered to him, "You're going to watch as your friend is slowly and painfully erased from existence."

"No!... Please stop!" Barry said as he continued to struggle, "Kara fight it!"

Kara couldn't hear Barry, she was to busy screaming in pain as the life got sucked out of her.

"Agh!" Kara continued to yell.

Barry wish he cold stop watching, but Reverse Flash didn't allow him to move. He felt helpless.

"I feel the power! I feel like a god! I am-!" Overgirl rant was cut off when a pair of blue heat vision beams hit her and forced her down.

The beams continue to stay on her and where forcing her to stay in place. Overgirl used her arms to try to shield herself from them, and this also freed her up to see who her attacker was. She felt a sudden build of rage when she laid eyes on her attacker, Superman.

Superman stopped his attack as he landed in Kara's barely stable apartment, "You know if you don't want me to find you, then don't go blowing up buildings."

"Kal El, I thought I would never have to see your face again!" Overgirl muttered through her teeth. "You can't stop what I've started."

"Synchronization process 5% complete."

"We'll see about that." Superman told her before taking in a gust of air and exhaling it as his freeze breath attack. His attack threw Overgirl to the wall and froze her in place. He then sped over to Kara and ripped out the cord from her back.

"Synchronization Process Delayed." The device announced

"Now J'onn!" Superman yelled

Suddenly behind Reverse Flash, Martain Manhunter appeared out of thin air and grabbed Reverse Flash's head with both hands, "Sleep."

"What the hell!-" Reverse Flash said before suddenly passing out and dropping to the floor.

"Oh my gosh. Thanks J'onn. That was awesome." Barry said as he rubbed his neck.

"No need to thank me Mr. Allen." J'onn told him.

Barry then ran over to Kara, who was collapsed in Superman's arms, "How's Kara?"

"I'm good. I'm good." Kara repeated as she struggled to get up, "Feel a little dizzy, but I'm good."

Barry let a out a breath of relief and placed a hand on Kara's shoulder, "We need to get you out of here Kara."

"You can't protect her from me." Overgirl said through her mask, she was still frozen to the wall, but her head and neck wasn't, "I will make sure that you watch her as she is erased from this Earth. And once I finish her I will end your life in the most painful and agonizing way I know possibl-!"

Overgirl was cut off by a hard swing from Kara that knocked her out, "Oh shut up."

"Lets go." Superman told the group.

All four heroes abandon the apartment and made there way to L Corp.

Short chapter I know, but I think it did the job. Anyway don't forget to leave a comment or question.