Chapter 11

D.E.O Headquarters - One Day Later

When Kara woke up she couldn't see a thing, but a bright shining light. She raised her hand up too shield her eyes, but immediately regretted it. She felt in an extreme sense of pain hit her arm as soon as she moved it.

She held in her scream by gripping her teeth, using her other hand to hold her injured arm.

"Kara be careful."

Kara turned her head and noticed Barry coming up to her. He gently removed her uninjured arm and placed her injured arm in an arm sling. He was as careful as he could be, trying not to cause her pain, but there were still moments where Kara still felt it.

"There. Here let me help." He said finishing, he helped her sit up in her bed. "Don't get up. I need to properly secure your leg before you can move."

"Where am I? What happened?" Kara asked a little confused at what was going on.

"You sustained some major injuries during your fight with your evil Nazi self." Barry said lifting her leg up a little as he wrapped it with bandages, "You've been asleep for the pass day."

Kara flinched as Barry wrapped her leg up tight.

"Sorry. It needs to be tight; can't have your leg moving around until it heals." Barry chuckle, but stopped as soon as he saw that Kara was not laughing.

"I've been out for a day." Kara repeated not believing it, "You brought me to the D.E.O?"

"Yeah. I needed to get you under a solar lamp." Barry smiled as he pointed to the lamp shining harsh bright rays down at her. "How do you feel?"

"Good." Kara said in a monotone, refusing to show any sort of emotion.

Barry remained quiet; carefully thinking about his next question. He was worried of saying something wrong. He felt like he was walking on eggshells.

"There you go. You want me to get you something to eat or drink? You haven't eaten in almost a day in a half. Could I get you a light snack, like a buffet table." Barry laughed trying to make her feel better, but she just remained in her serious state.

Barry stopped laughing, he tried to lighten the mood, but he was just making matters worse.

"Sorry. Not the time to joke." Barry apologized. He felt so horrible not being able to help his friend. He also felt mad at himself for making fun at her when she was obviously feeling terrible. "But seriously. Can I get you anything?"

"No I'm fine." Kara answered in the same tone as before, this time not even bothering to look at him. She just continued to look at her bandaged up leg and supported arm. She felt useless.

"Oh ok. Well the good news is that your vitals are perfectly fine. You do have a broken leg and arm, but thanks to you super healing they are already healing at super human speed. You'll only need to wear the sling and bandages for a day or two." Barry said with a smaller smile, he picking up a folder on the table and handing it to Kara.

Kara took the folder from his hand and opened it up it with her one good arm. Inside she saw X-ray scans of her head and rib cage.

"You had a fracture in your skull, but as you see here, it's completely healed. And you also broke three ribs, but you'll be fine." Barry explained.

"Ok. Thanks." Kara continued to use her emotionless voice. She handed back the folder to him.

"So. Winn told me that the sun rays lamps have done everything they could, the rest is up to you. If you like, we can get you out of this infirmary so that you can move around." Barry offered.