Chapter 17

Kara's Apartment

Kara and Barry sat on the couch shoulder to shoulder. The two had an amazing evening last night, Barry took Kara to her favorite miniature golf course. They both had a great time together, but Kara was the one that had the best time. Since her arm was still in the arm sleeve she couldn't set up her stroke correctly, so Barry, being the gentleman he always was, would come around her and help guild her. Afterwards Barry took Kara to a nearby restaurant where they had an delicious dinner; they talked, they laughed, they drank. The drinks didn't do anything to them, but they still found them tasty. Once they finished they decided to split the bill, because according to Kara having the man pay for dinner was sexist and degrading to women, they ended the night by walking through National City and then heading home.

When Barry woke up this morning he found himself in the same position he was in last time, hugging the pillow thinking it was Kara. After finally getting out of bed, Barry met Kara in the kitchen where she provided Barry with a better breakfast then what she gave him the day before. Kara's arm was finally healed and the scar on her midsection was also gone; she was back to her complete healthy state.

Now the two decided to watch some old recorded shows that Kara had stored in her DVR. They sat shoulder to shoulder on the couch as they watched the last episode of iCarly.

Last episode of iCarly

"Oh hey, how goes it? I'm leaving in a few minutes." Carly said as she watched Freddie pack his equipment way.
"Yeah, I know." Freddie said acknowledging her presents, "Better not be late or your dad's gonna be wazzed off."
"Ya know, you don't have to take all your tech stuff home tonight." Carly said getting closer to Freddie.
"Yeah, but I figured I might as well get a head start." Freddie responded, "Tomorrow, I promised Gibby I'd help him do some research on the proper care and feeding of weasels so I figure the sooner I get all this equipment out of here, the sooner I can take it down-"

Freddie cut himself off when he felt Carly's touch on his arm. He knew what she was going to do and he didn't stop her. He brought himself closer to her till there was finally no more room between them, and kissed her.

He held on to her by the waist while she placed her arm on his shoulder. Each of them trying to make the kiss last as long as possible. It would have gone on further if Carly didn't have to go.

The two separated from each other and looked into each others eyes. Suddenly a wave of embarrassment washed over the two.

"So, I'm gonna get my bags and head downstairs." Carly said trying to make the situation less awkward.
"Why don't I help you with those bags?" Freddie offered.

"Yeah, that'd be nice." Carly accepted.

Kara's Apartment

"Why!" Kara yelled at the TV with tears in her eyes, she grabbed a tissue from the box that Barry held up for her and blew her nose loudly, "Why did she have to leave him. She could have stayed with him, lived a happy life with him."

"It's ok Kara, she said that she would be back." Barry said rubbing Kara's back. "She promised Freddie and everyone else that she would be back."

"But what about me!" Kara yelled with tears, "Who the hell ends something like that. What kind of author does a bunch of romantic build up, have then finally kiss, and then have them separated in the end! You don't play with someone's emotions like that!"

"It's going to be ok Kara." Barry chuckled at his overreacting friend, "Plus it's not like it was a romantic 'I love you' kiss."

"Wait what you say?" Kara asked finally stopping the crying.