Chapter 28

In a Nazi moving vehicle

"Sir we've picked up the General's signal. She's back from her mission." A Nazi soldier informed the Dark Arrow, "She's approaching the shuttle."

"Let her in." The Dark Arrow ordered him.

The hidden Nazi base was the Earth X version of the Waverider. Once the scanners picked up Overgirl's signal, the ship deactivated it's camouflage mode and opened the large hangar door.

"Sir we are picking up another signal with her." The Nazi soldier continued, "It's an old one, we haven't seen it in a while."

"Who does it belong to?" Dark Arrow asked.

"First Commander Blitzkrieg?"

"Blitzkrieg." Dark Arrow whispered, "How is this possible."

Overgirl, Blitzkrieg, and Reverse Flash made there way onto the main deck. As they entered they saw that The Dark Arrow and a squadron of Nazi soldiers stood waiting for them, with their weapons trained on them.

"Dark Arrow stand down." Overgirl said not liking the hostile greeting she was receiving.

"How is this possible." Dark Arrow responded refusing to drop his weapon. He held his bow and arrow aimed at Blitzkrieg.

"Easy comrade." Blitzkrieg said taking a step forward and revealing his face, "It's me, Barry."

Dark Arrow didn't move, he was to confused on the situation. Since he didn't know whether he could be trusted, he continued to aim his arrow at what looked like his long dead friend.

Overgirl began to get upset at the tension in the room. She deactivated her mask and yelled, "God damn it Oliver I said stand down!"

Dark Arrow looked at his general and saw the angry expression on her face from being disobeyed. He loosen the tension on his bow string, placed back his arrow, and deactivated his mask. He held a hand out to signal his squadron to stand down, which they all did in a synchronized fashion. He stared at his best friend in the eyes and finally decided to talk to him, "Is it really you?"

"Yes. It's me Oliver." Barry said walking up to him and holding his hand out.

At the sight of Barry's advancement Dark Arrow took a step back, feeling very conflicted and confused.

Barry chuckle at this, "Come on, it's really me, 'Olie'."

Dark Arrow tensed up the sound of his nickname. He hated that name, ever since they were children, Barry would never stop embarrassing him with that weak sounding nickname. He was the only one who ever called him that, over the years he learned to tolerate it, but that didn't stop him from feeling anger towards it, "It really is you."

Dark Arrow still didn't shake his hand, but Barry expected that from the likes of him. Barry just took back his offer and allowed his General to give him his next assignment.

"Alright now let's get back to work. We have a lot to prepare for. I am ordering one last assault on those heroes that have become a nuisance to us. Alright, I want a report on our Frequency Towers, are they assembled and ready?" The General commanded Dark Arrow to answer her.

"We had a small confrontation a couple of days ago with the heroes, they destroyed one of the Frequency Towers. We now have only five Frequency Towers ready for operation." Dark Arrow said with his head down, ashamed to admit his shortcomings.

"Can the plan still work with only five?" Overgirl asked.

"In theory yes." Blitzkrieg responded before Dark Arrow could, "I can reroute the power so that we can close the gap and complete the chain."