Chapter 33

Earth X Waverider's Central Command Center

Dark Arrow walked into Central Command Center, having just returned from the medical room, with his arm and shoulder bandaged up. He looked around and saw the small number of soldiers still left, he continued to scan the room, but did not find the person he was looking for. He went up to one of his soldiers, "Soldier!"

The soldier quickly turned around, trying hard to hide his obvious fear of him, "Ye...Ye...Yes sir."

"Where is the General!" Dark Arrow asked him.

Dark Arrow instantly noticed the soldier get even more nervous then he already was, even through the mask of the soldier, Dark Arrow was still able to read him like a children's book.

"The... The General. She ugh..." The soldier stutter, "She got... captured by the enemy, we were forced to retreat."

"What!" Dark Arrow yelled in anger, "How could you idiots dare to leave the General behind! Who gave you the order to retreat!"

"I did." Eobard said entering the room.

"Leave us." Dark Arrow ordered his soldier, "How dare you leave the General behind like that. She is my wife."

"And she is what is holding back the Reichsman from success." Eobard explained, "She is what is holding you back from your true potential."

"Don't you dare talk about my wife like that Thawne!" Dark Arrow yelled in anger.

"Oliver please. You must have seen it yourself, how she constantly is parading you around like a the lap dog. Only barking orders, never showing you the appreciation that you deserve." Eobard continued, "She doesn't even show you the proper appreciation as a spouse."

Eobard's words began to peak Dark Arrow's interests. He calmed down and let Eobard continue.

"Overgirl, The General, she claims to have only the best interests of the Fatherland in mind, but I know a pretender when I see one. I should know, I pretended to be someone I'm not for nearly two decades. She's been lying to you Oliver, she's been lying to us all. The attack on the wedding, leaving to Earth 38, this war against the heroes; at first I thought they were all meaningless poorly thought out attacks... but they aren't. Every move that she has done from the beginning has had a second meaning to it, they are all connected to something much much bigger."

"If this is all true, like you say Eobard, then what were her real intentions?" Dark Arrow asked, starting to believe him.

Eobard cracked a small chuckle, "That's the part I haven't figured out yet. She has been playing us all, using us to push her real agenda... She has been ten steps ahead of us, while we haven't even figured out what game we are playing yet."

Dark Arrow let Eobard's words sink in. He didn't want to believe it to be true, but deep down he knew his wife, she doesn't do anything without a reason. Eobard's reasons to be skeptical of the General had a point, nothing added up. All the orders he followed for her, they never made any sense to him, but yet he just went along with them, never second guessing them. He had never felt so...

"Betrayed?" Eobard cut in on Dark Arrows train of thought, "Betrayed is how you feel isn't it, plaguing yourself to someone you think you can trust, only to later find out that they have been lying to you this entire time. I know what it can do to people, I've seen it."

"I... I don't know what to do." Dark Arrow painfully admitted.

"There is only one thing to do... Be the leader these men need. Be leader that these men thought they had, don't let their belief of a perfect unified Aryan race be destroyed by one woman's desertion for the cause." Eobard explained, "Generals, Commanders, they can be replaced, but a true leader can't. A true leader inspires long after he is gone. A true leader has the power to organize ordinary citizens under a single cause. A true leader serves and gives strength to his people... Be that leader... Be their leader... Be their Fuehrer."