Chapter 29

Arrow Cave

The Arrow Cave was full. Under Kara's directions; Wally went to Earth 2 and 3 to get Jesse Quick and Jay Garrick, Sara contacted the Waverider and the rest of the Legends, Oliver called John Constantine, Diggle called his wife Lyla and a squad of A.R.G.U.S soldiers, Martian Manhunter and a squad of D.E.O agents came from Earth 38 using the interdimensional gate left behind by Blitzkrieg, Oliver contacted his wife, Nyssa, to get the League of Assassins to help, and Valor was freed by Martian Manhunter and he was then able to contact the Legion.

"Wow!" Felicity said in aw as she and Iris came back to the Arrow Cave, "Where did all these people come from?"

Felicity and Iris had to fight through a crowd of heros and soldiers to get to the center of the cave where Supergirl, Green Arrow, White Canary, and Kid Flash where all talking about their plans.

"Oliver!" Felicity yelled his name out since she could barely be heard over the collected voices of everyone in the cave.

Green Arrow excused himself from the group and went over to his girlfriend, "Please refrain from revealing my secret identity please, I don't trust everyone here."

"Ok, 'Green Arrow'.", Felicity said with finger air quotes, "Where the heck did you find all these people!"

"While you were gone with Iris, we appointed Supergirl as team leader, we made a few calls, the tech team is using the Waverider to scan for Overgirl and her army, and we are currently discussing battle plans." Green Arrow explained.

Felicity walked over to the group and went up to Supergirl, "Wow. Kara you did all this?"

"Yup. All her." White Canary answered for her, "Pretty impressive huh."

"I didn't know you had it in you." Felicity said giving her a fist bump, "Way to represent."

"Thanks Felicity, but the tech team is not complete without you." Supergirl said putting a hand on her shoulder before calling over a superhero, "Firestorm! Take Felicity to the Waverider."

"Yes Boss!" Firestorm, with his newly repaired splicer, walked over to Felicity so that he could fly her over to the Waverider.

Supergirl chuckled at that, "Boss... I like that."

Supergirl was about to go back to talking to the team when Iris stopped her, "Kara wait? Can I talk to you?"

Supergirl looked at her and smiled, "What's up."

"About what I said... I didn't mean it. I was lashing out on you because I've been feeling frustrated lately. It feels like forever since I've been able to be with Barry and seeing your doppelganger and the way she held him made me feel so angry and... and." Iris began to tear up and couldn't get the last couple of words to come.

Kara saw her struggle and placed a hand on her shoulder for support, "It's ok Iris. It's in the past, and you were right, I let Barry sacrifice so much for me. That's why I'm going to do everything in my power to get him back to you so that you two can finally get married."

It hurt Kara inside to say that last sentence. She hated saying it, but Iris needed to hear it. Kara understood that her role as Supergirl was to inspire hope, and right now no one needed more hope than Iris. Having lost her fiancée has been hard on her and right now Supergirl only cared about making Iris feel better, not her own needs.

Iris smiled at this. After hearing Kara, she felt a million times better. She jumped up to Kara and hugged her as hard as she could, knowing that the indestructible alien can take it, "You promise."

"Yeah... I promise." You could clearly hear the hesitation in Kara's voice, but it went unnoticed by Iris.

"Thank you." Iris responded feeling hope again.