Chapter 32

Central City

Blitzkrieg was bamboozled by his General's request. He didn't know if he heard her correctly so he asked her to repeat, "My apologies General?"

"Did I not make myself clear, Blitzkrieg. I told you to kill... Supergirl."

Blitzkrieg didn't know how to take this at first, but he eventually put his hesitation aside and did as she asked, "Yes General."

Even though Supergirl had been crying over the lost of her friend she had heard everything that Overgirl and Blitzkrieg were saying, she was shocked by what Overgirl was requesting of Blitzkrieg. She wanted to believe that Barry wasn't going to kill her, but she just witnessed him watch his fiancée's death without any sign of empathy or remorse. He was going to have no trouble killing her, but she figured that if he was going to kill her she wanted to ask for something in return, "Wait!"

Both Blitzkrieg and Overgirl stopped in their tracks and allowed her to speak, "Please. May I ask for one final request."

Blitzkrieg didn't answer, he looked at his General for instructions on what to do.

"What do you want?" The General asked.

"Please. I know it's a silly request but please... let me see Barry's face one last time before you have him kill me." Supergirl said holding her head down.

Blitzkrieg again looked back at his General for instructions.

Overgirl thought about this for a moment before answering, "Understandable. Give her what she wants Blitzkrieg."

Blitzkrieg did as he was told and with his hand, that he was not using to hold Supergirl, he pulled off his cowl revealing his face.

Barry then turned Kara around and placed her down on her knees, in front of her, while still holding her by the shoulder. He looked at her in the eyes and saw that she was, for some strange reason, smiling at him, "Why are you smiling?"

"Seeing your face Barry... it always makes me smile." Kara responded.

"Ignore her Blitzkrieg, continue.", Overgirl watched with her arms crossed around her chest, she stood strong and firm as she prepared to witness the death of Supergirl.

Barry didn't want to do it like this, it wasn't supposed to happen like this. Supergirl was suppose to be captured, the General was suppose to erase her from existence, he wasn't supposed to blow up her heart. As much as he hated this version of Kara, he couldn't lie and say that he didn't love her as well, even if she was a soft weaker version of his Kara. But he needed to do it, he needed to prove himself to his General, his real love, and so Barry slowly placed his vibrating hand in her chest and was about to end her life when-

"General! General!" Dark Arrow's voice rang through both Barry's and Overgirl's coms.

"What is it?" The General answered annoyed.

"We're taking heavy casualties out here! We have nearly lost all our men, we're being pushed back, and... I've been compromised."

"What happened?" Overgirl answered angrily.

"My apologies General... Agh!... But the Green Arrow got the upper hand on me, I took an arrow to the shoulder, and I can't fight anymore. I've failed you."

Barry pulled his hand out of Kara's chest and looked at his General, "Do you want me to handle this General?"

"No!" Overgirl answered, "I'll handle this myself. I want you to finish the execution, I trust I can leave you with that task?"