Chapter 10

Above the Center of National City

Overgirl looked around quickly. Using her X-ray vision to scan for the metahuman, but she saw no trace of the speedster.

"Well Supergirl. Looks like there's no knight in shining armor coming to save you now." Overgirl said giving up the search for the scarlet speedster, "Now enough time has been wasted. It's been fun, but it's time that I take what I came here for in the first place."

Overgirl reached for the device she had on her chest and pressed a button, an automatic cord with a needle came out, "I promise you. This is going to hurt more than anything I could ever do to you. It's going to feel like your life is being ripped out of you every own body extremely slowly."

Kara tried to lodge her way out of Overgirl's grip, but she was unable to do anything. She panicked as she saw the needle getting closer and closer to her chest. It was so close that she was now able to feel the tip of the needle poke her under her left breast.

Just as it was about to insert the last centimeter of the needle into Supergirl's body, Overgirl felt a tingle start to form behind her back. It made it's was deeper into her body until the tingling sensation made its way out her body through the front. She looked down at her body and saw a blurry red pair of gloves and a red head come out from her chest. The figure continued to move through her until his torso and legs made it through completely. The figure grabbed Kara and it was able to phase her out of her grip.

This all happened in half a second, but thanks to Overgirl's fast senses she was able to see it all happen clearly.

Once Kara was free of Overgirl's grip the figure took her bridle style. This entire time the figure was in a middle of a jump between two buildings. Once he had her completely, he held out his legs and landed on the building right in front of Overgirl.

Kara wasn't able to comprehend what had just happened in the last half second do to her state, but when she finally stopped moving she was finally able to get a clear image of the red blur. It was Barry.

He held her in his arms and looked down at her as she looked up at him.

"You came." Kara whispered, she tried to say it at a normal volume, but she couldn't muster up the strength to say it.

Barry didn't say anything, but just smiled. He was so relieved that he wasn't too late. He held a hand up to her cheek, and Kara closed her eyes, knowing that she could stop fighting. The two continued like this for a short while.

Overgirl in the meanwhile just continued to hover in the same spot. She looked at the two of them and frowned. She did not move or speak. She just observed the two.

"What are you doing!", a deep menacing voice yelled behind her.

Overgirl snapped out of her trance and looked behind her. She saw the Reverse Flash standing on the building behind her.

"Why are you not attacking them?" The Reverse Flash asked in his deep vibrating voice.

"The Flash is in the way!" She made up on the spot, "You were suppose to kill him!"

"I gave you plenty of time. Why have you not done the extraction yet?" Reverse Flash questioned.

Overgirl had no come back to this so she just continued to glare at her accomplice.

"Hey this seems like a bad time, we can come back another time." Barry joked as he noticed the two villains arguing. He then tapped into his speed force and began to run off in an escape, but he was cut off when Overgirl showed up in front of him.