Chapter 21

Earth 1 - Arrow Cave

"Kara?" Iris said in disbelief. She was expecting to see her fiancée, but instead she saw Kara in the Flash uniform.

"Kara you're alive?" Oliver said in relief to her as he got down on one knee so that he was eye level with her.

Kara stopped crying, but she was sniffling hard.

"Come here Kara." Alex said holding her hands out to her sister so that she could embrace him, "Why don't we get you seated and you tell us what happened.

Kara was sniffling so much that she couldn't answer, instead she just shook her head.

Earth 38 - D.E.O Headquarters

The D.E.O Headquarters was littered with either died or unconscious soldiers. Soon after realizing they were duped by Barry and Kara, Overgirl and Reverse Flash stormed the D.E.O Headquarters and took it over. It wasn't hard. The two of them together easily overpowered the entire D.E.O. staff.

Barry wakes up with a gnarly head ache. He looked around and noticed that he was in some sort of futuristic prison cell, with an orange forcefield instead of cell bars. Barry stood up and looked around. He placed his hands on the forcefield and tried to vibrate his hands, but nothing happen.

"That won't work." Eobard said coming into the room with a smirk, "You should know that. This entire prison cell is your design, in fact."

Barry remembered now, this prison was the design he created for the D.E.O to hold metahumans, it was created to dampen any metahuman powers.

"Oh yeah. Damn, at least it works." Barry said proud of himself.

Eobard saw the smile on Barry's face and got mad. He rushed over to the prison cell and slammed his fists on the forcefield, "Why are you still smiling!"

Barry didn't flinch at his actions, he stood his ground and continue to flash his grin.

"Why aren't you mad!" Eobard continued to yell at him.

"What do I have to be mad at. My plan worked, Kara is safe, and I managed to make you look stupid in the process. I call that a win." Barry said with a smile.

Eobard walked away from the forcefield to calm down. He then returned to his spot and began to converse with Barry again, "That was a nice trick you did back there, disguising your friend Kara as The Flash so that Overgirl wouldn't go after her."

Barry's smile just got wider, "Thanks."

"It was also reckless and stupid. Why didn't you just leave yourself?" Eobard asked.

"There was no way I was going to leave Kara here along with you two." Barry told him.

Eobard smiled at the reason for why Barry didn't leave Earth 38, "So... I guess your wondering why you could not run your way back to Earth 1, aren't you."

Barry gave him a blank look, "Actually I didn't even try that, come to think of it."

"What?" Eobard said confused, "You didn't even attempt to run back to our Earth?"

"No. I was to busy helping Kara recover, that it didn't come to mind." Barry responded.

Eobard studied his facial expression and realized he was telling the truth, "Well you couldn't even if you tried. My speed comes from the speedforce just like yours, but the only difference is that it comes from the negative side of the speedforce. The faster you become, the fast I get. My negative speedforce is the opposite of your positive speedforce, and as a result of the two being opposites they can cancel each other out, preventing you from running fast enough to leave Earth 38."

"Oh that's good to know." Barry responded. He turned around and sat down on the bench that they had placed in the cell, "You know I never understood why super villains love to explain their powers and master plan to the captured hero. You know that in almost every movie, the hero ends up using that information given to them to defeat the villain."

"So I'm guessing you must have had a really good time here, if it completely slipped your mind that you could run back to your Earth." Eobard said ignoring Barry's comment, but Barry didn't respond so he just continued to talk, "So did you also forget that you have a fiancée, because from the looks of it, it seems that way."

This last state from Eobard actually got a reaction out of Barry. Barry began to think back to his entire time he was here on Earth 38, and the sad truth was that Eobard was right. He did forget he had a fiancée. The entire time he has been here, he didn't share a single thought about Iris. He never once mentioned her name. He didn't know what he was think, it was so unlike him to go this long without thinking of her. Back on his Earth, Iris was practically always on his mind, but here. Here it was different. She didn't cross his mind once.

But to make matters worse, he didn't miss her, he never once had that empty feeling that you get when your away from the person you're supposed to be in love with. What was he thinking.

It wasn't just his thoughts that lingered, his actions too. He had gotten in bed with another woman, sure it was harmless, but what if Iris had busted in on him in bed with Kara. She would have been pissed, but Barry didn't think about that. He went out on multiple dates with Kara, asked her to be his girlfriend, and bought her flowers. He spent more time laughing and enjoying his time with Kara then he did trying to think of a way back to Earth 1, he's suppose to be a hero. He had a job to do. But his worse action yet was that fact that he nearly kissed her a couple of hours ago, and that's not including what happened a couple of minutes ago.

What was he doing. He was trying to blame Kara for all his actions as a way to feel less guilty, but that was stupid. Every single one of his actions what his doing. He choose to sleep in bed with Kara, he choose to take out Kara, and he choose to kiss Kara back at her apartment. And even though he didn't actually kiss her, he was about to, and he... he wanted to kiss her. The rush and excitement that he got when was inching closer to her face was heart racing, the type of feeling you get when you ask your crush out and she says yes.

Whole crap! Did he have a crush on Kara, he couldn't. Iris was suppose to be his true love, he shouldn't be thinking of anyone else. Especially not his best friend.

"Barry." Eobard whispered, breaking Barry's train of thought, "You look like you have a lot on your mind, so I'm just leave you three alone."

Eobard turned around and left the room.

"Wait three of us?" Barry questioned.

"Hey Barry." A voice said coming from the cell next to his, he couldn't see who it was, "It's me Winn."

"Winn. Oh my gosh man I so happy to hear your voice. Are you ok?" Barry asked. He was facing the wall that separates them.

"Yeah I'm good. They just banged me up a little, but I won't die." Winn said with a smile which Barry couldn't see.

"I'm here too." Another voice came from the other direction, from the other cell next Barry's. The voice sounded so familiar, but he couldn't put a finger on who's it was.

"Who are you, I can't see you." Barry asked.

"It's me." The voice said, "Mon-El."

So that is Chapter 21, what you guys think? Please leave a comment or question.