TAKE XVII- Wrong Target

TAKE XVII.

    For the next whole week, more and more pranks came up, giving me countless sighs and grumbles. I even blew up, giving Hibiki (who follows me everywhere to get me accompany him to meet Inoue) lectures and shouts. For the kitten Akashi had bought me, we decided to place it at school and after a damn long arguments Akashi finally agreed to keep the kitten named Snowy in his office.

    Today I decided to give the soccer team a rest. After a final word with them all, we headed to our destinations separately. I was walking back to class to take my bag when I heard a shout in a certain classroom. I entered it and saw Hibiki trying to approach Inoue who’s backing away slowly.

    “You need to understand!” Inoue yelled and slapped Hibiki’s hand when he tried to reach her.

    “Eru! Please!” Hibiki pleaded.

    “Stop it!” she said and shoved a chair at him, making him staggers backwards and groaned in pain. Tears formed in Inoue’s eyes and she quickly wiped it off. “I’ve never loved you!” she added.

    I frowned.

    “Go away!” she pushed more chairs towards his directions.

    Hibiki jumped over the obstacles and embraced her tightly, not giving her any chance to struggle. Inoue stopped struggling. She sobbed.

    “Hibiki, please move away. I need to talk to Inoue.” I spoke.

    Hibiki turned to me, sighed and walked out of the classroom. As soon as he’s gone, Inoue ran and hugged me dearly. I patted her head.

    “Inoue, you need to tell him properly. About your father and…. Akashi.” I said.

    “I…. can’t! How can I!?” she said between the sobs.

    “If you do love him, you have to tell him.”

    She sniffed again and we stayed like that for quite a long time.

~~<3~~

    This time, my books were gone from my bag; all those homework and references. I clenched my fists and headed home but was stopped by Reo near the basketball court/gym.

    “Kazu-chan? Why do you look so sad?” he asked.

    I sighed and showed him my empty bag.

    He raised an eyebrow. “What?”

    “Everything’s gone from here. Now I need to copy all those things.” I grumbled and was about to walk away but ended up colliding with Akashi.

    “What’s wrong?” he asked. “Bullied again?”

    “What else?” I answered and left them.

-w-

“Bullied?” Reo questioned.

Akashi turned to him and nodded once. “Lately, weird occurrences were happening to her. Such as missing shoes, torn notes, broken chair, dead animals in her locker and such.” He replied.

Reo frowned. “Must be Sei-chan’s fangirls.”

“It’s only a matter of time before I settle all of this.” He said and smirked, calculating his plan.

Reo followed him inside, thinking about Kazuto.

-w-

    I yawned and glanced at the clock. 4.54am. I still have one last sheet of paper to finish. History, that is. Eventually, I fell asleep because of exhaustion. The next morning, I woke up late and cursed all the way to school. The first period is History and the teacher will surely kill me if I tell her I didn’t finish her work.