TAKE XXI- Mummy and Daddy~

TAKE XXI.

    “We’re sorry, but….” Shou trailed off.

    I lowered my head and avoided eye contact. “It’s okay. We tried so hard—“

    “You actually fell for it?” Reo interrupted.

    I frowned and looked up at him. “What do you mean?”

    Shou burst into laughter before hugging me like there’s no tomorrow. “WE WON OF COURSE!!!! THIS IS RAKUZAN WE’RE TALKING ABOUT!” he shouted.

    I went speechless and few minutes later, I was walking home with them, singing our victory song; we are the champion.

-Q.Q-

Inoue Ousuke, father of Inoue Eru, leaned against his armchair, his mind wandering back and forth, thinking of an idea to get his daughter marry the heir of Akashi Corp. Because of his greed, he is willing to even sell his own daughter but then he needs to think properly and had decided to let Eru marry Seijuro for money purpose.

    It seems that Shusei, father of Seijuro, doesn’t really mind about his idea. The only reminder Shusei gave was, “I’d like Seijuro to marry his own girl. I’d not force him but instead, I’ll give him full support of his decision. He’s grown and I’m sure that he’s wise enough to choose his future properly.”

    Ousuke clicked his tongue in annoyance. “Love…. Isn’t it just a trivial matter? All love got to do is destroy, what’s so great about it?” he said out loud.

    His wife, Nami, is currently sick in the hospital, receiving various kinds of therapies, operations and cures to heal her cancer. To Ousuke, when he married Nami, he felt great, he felt like the weight of the world was just lifted off his shoulder but eventually, the feeling dies.

    When Eru came to this world, he was beyond happy but as time goes by, he felt nothing but hatred as to why the money wasn’t enough. Guess greed surpasses everything, huh.

    The door was knocked multiple times and an elderly man came in with a bodyguard suit. “We’ve brought the report of Akashi Seijuro’s activity for this month.” He said, bowing then handed Ousuke a black file.

    Ousuke nodded and took the file and the man left the room. The moment he flipped the page, a picture of Seijuro was seen with a girl. Ousuke frowned. The girl was lying on an infirmary bed and Seijuro was leaning forward to her. It’s as if he’s about to kiss her or some sort of that.

    “Why couldn’t it be Eru? Why must it be this Akihiko slut!?!” he yelled and threw the file to the wall. Indeed, it was not stated in the previous chapter.

    Akashi was left alone with Kazuto after the departure of Reo, Kotarou and Eikichi from the infirmary. He was staring at her as if she’s a center of attraction. His orbs were gleaming and it was obvious that he’s interested in her. He wondered why he felt this way whenever he saw Kazuto. He wondered why he seemed to be able to smile whenever she’s around.

    Ousuke sighed. “No choice, I really have to get rid of her. No one gets in the way of my daughter’s future.”

~QvQ~

    “A play!”

    I averted my gaze from outside the window to a bunch of guys and girls squealing happily, suggesting what our class should do for the school festival coming next week.

    “I just watched Romeo and Juliet last week and I think it’d be good if our class replay the drama!” a girl said.

    Romeo and Juliet huh….