TAKE XXXII- Refraction.

TAKE XXXII.

    "So... you're the CEO of the Akashi Company?"

    "Yes. My father retired and I took over the company. However, I am also studying medical. Just for supplement." Akashi replied as I sipped on my drink.

    It's been 15 minutes after we taught the kid how to play properly and now we're resting in a café nearby.

    "Medics as supplementary? You're crazy! I almost can't handle my course, how could you go and literally said, 'just for supplement'? Medics are difficult!" I complained.

    He shrugged. "I didn't say it was easy. I just said the study is for my advantage."

    I pouted.

    "How's the others?" I questioned.

    Akashi tilted his head adorably. "Reo is currently in Tokyo University. Kotarou took English Literature in London. Eikichi is in Kansai. Shiro went for Psychological Studies in Okinawa. Eru and Hibiki both took architecture and now in Spain for practical studies. They're going to get married soon."

    "And you, why are you here? I bet every universities in the world asked for you!" I grinned.

    "I wanted to stay here in Kyoto. Besides, my father hired lecturers from London for my studies."

    "Why stay in Kyoto? I mean, you could've gone to Europe of USA or something."

    "Why do you think I stayed?"

    I shrugged. "Being humble?"

    He flicked my forehead.

    "Ow!"

    "To wait for you, Bakazuto."

    My heart almost stopped and heat rushed to my cheeks. I looked away and silence engulfed. Suddenly his phone rang.

    "Shiori?" he questioned. I looked at him and he gave me a questioning look.

    I raised my dead phone. "Out of battery." I said and he nodded.

    "Yes, she's with me. Oh, is that so? Then just put him there we'll take care of hi—what? Wait, what? Shiori, wait!"

    It's rare for Akashi to be so panicked like that. "Why?" I queried. He just stared at me in return.

****

    "I'm sorry but I need both of you to help. The Shiratori Group just called for me and I needed to prepare with my friend. She couldn't leave her children alone so I thought I could ask for you two?" Shiori apologized and explained what happened while packing her stuffs in her handbag. Akashi and I exchanged glances.

TING TONG! (is that how a doorbell sounds like? Whatever >.>)

    "Ah, there she is!" Shiori said and rushed to the door. When she opened, a woman around her age stood and both of her hands were occupied with her children. One boy and one girl. The boy surprisingly has pink hair and the girl has dark blue hair which was tied into a single ponytail on the left side of her head.

    "Ah, Kazuto-chan!" the woman beamed. I flinched.

    "I'm sorry for troubling you but Reito and Erika needs someone." The woman and approached me.

    "Um, Nana, there are two babysitters for you." Shiori said.

    The woman Nana turned to Akashi. "Oh my, thank you! Um, sorry for troubling you two!"