Chapter 43

I gasp as I look up at my chair which has now has a bullet hole. I'm not equipped for this, I begin to freak out but I remember that I have my baby sisters here with me and I have a husband on the outside.

We will not die today.

"Oh my God, we're gonna die." Kendall cries and I hush her as I lean further down to scan for any feet. "Fuck."

"Kendall, shut up." I pinch her before looking over at Kylie who is in shock. "Kylie, snap out of it."

I push my sisters, instructing them to start crawling and we crawl over to the side of a wall. As we are crawling, out of nowhere a light hits my eyes before I feel it. My eyes widen and I quickly bite down on my lower lips as I feel an immense amount of pain on my side. I keep my side covered from my sisters as I feel myself beginning to pant and it's not rocket science to know what just happened. 

I quickly whisper in Kylie's ear to use her phone to call the cops before instructing her to put her phone on mute in case she receives a call. I then turn to Kendall and I instruct her to switch her phone to mute before doing the same to my own.

Once I feel calm, I decide to close my eyes for a moment to center my breathing. I'm still pregnant and my child is definitely a priority, I can't let myself stress over this. We stay in our hidden area for what appears to be hours before an officer walks in informing us that everything is ok.

I can't even look at my sisters as I pull myself off the ground, I feel slightly uneasy as I walk towards the officer. Once my sisters and I along with the other people in the restaurant are gathered, several officers start escorting us out. 

As soon as we are close to the entrance, a few officers rush to the scene of the crime while the rest of us are separated so that we could give our statement. I gag once I see a couple of body bags being carried out of the restaurant and I am currently aware of the reporters gathering around behind the yellow tape.

"Kandi." Kendall tries to get my attention but it's to no use as I spew out whatever contents I had in my stomach. In that moment my side hurts more than ever so for the first time, I apply pressure to my wound resulting in the warm liquid to seep through.

"Fuck." The officer curses as some of puke lands on his trousers and shoes.

"She's pregnant." Kylie states while slowly rubbing my back, oblivious to the fact that I am bleeding out.

"Kandi, you're bleeding!" Kendall squeals while pointing at my side. "You got shot?"

"I NEED A MEDIC!"

---

Kim's POV:

Khloe and I are currently in Salma's Love looking for some cute holiday pieces but it is crazy crowded today.

"Wasn't Kourtney and Kandi meant to be here?" I ask Khloe as I pick up some sunglasses which are giving me vintage Chanel vibes. The pair would totally fit in with the vintage collection that Kandi got me for my birthday.

"Kourt is with the kids and I think Kandi is with the others. She told me that she was taking Kendall and Kylie out today, I think they went to dinner." Khloe answers with a shrug as she puts more items in her basket.

We spend the next half hour speaking with fans as well as taking hundreds of pictures with them. I don't mind doing this but I am on a schedule so I can't be socializing forever knowing that I still need to have an early night in seeing as I have a bunch of meetings tomorrow. 

We've been shopping for almost an hour before one of the shows producer walks up to us. We are pulled away from the people as the producer looks at us with a blank look on their face. I just hope that we won't be told to have a meet and greet here because I don't have time for that.

"Ok, we've just gotten word that there has been a shooting at a nearby restaurant that recently opened." The producer says and I look at her in confusion. "Kandice, Kendall and Kylie were at that restaurant." 

I look away in disbelief while trying to process her words and Khloe is lost for words.

"Well, are they still there?" I go to reach for my phone but it isn't in my pocket. "Where is my phone?"

"We haven't received any messages from the camera crew that is with them so we are under the impression that they still are inside of the building." I take a deep breath as I feel my heart beginning to pound.

I don't want to lose my sisters and I especially don't want to lose my twin

"Then, why are we still here?" I hand my basket over to somebody as I begin heading for the door.

"Kim, wait!" Khloe shouts after me, I ignore her as I walk out of the store. Luckily there is no paparazzi around since I just burst out crying, I place my hands over my eyes as my team walk out the store.

I don't know why nobody is panicking, these are our sisters that we are talking about. We should be doing something about it instead of standing out here.

"We've been instructed to take you to the hospital, the sisters are on the way there." My heart drops and I place my hands over my chest once I hear this.

"Ok, we gotta go." Khloe finally wakes up. "Somebody call Kris and Jose."

Oh God.