Chapter 48

"We can't keep meeting like this." My doctor says with a sigh. "You really need to start taking better care of yourself."

I don't answer so Jose pinches my arm, I glare at him and he returns it.

"Kandice, it has become very clear that you have anger issues." I turn my glare to him and he shakes his head. "You are very close to entering a high risk pregnancy, one more incident and you could potentially cause enough distress that we may need to have an emergency caesarean."

I look at him in shock.

"What does that mean?"

"You could lose the baby." I cover my eyes as I begin to cry. "I am thinking of enrolling you into anger management classes or putting you into a rehabilitation centre just until you are stable enough."

"I'm not going to rehab." I sternly say. "I don't need help."

At that moment, Jose slaps the table hard.

"YES, YOU DO!" I can see his veins on the side of his neck, bulging out. "I will not let your selfish needs be the reason why we do not have this child."

"Jose." I'm shook right now.

"Take the fucking class or go to rehab because I can't deal with anymore." I pout my lips at him. "It's above me now."

I decide to stay silent as the doctor does an ultrasound, he then beginning typing a lot of notes before adding my name to an anger management session which is this week. He checks over my head once, checking that the stitches are secure before letting me know that if my head begins to hurt then I should come in.

---

After we left the hospital, Jose and I went our separate ways. He didn't come home that day and I didn't bother with him.

The next day Kim had me take North and Saint out while she had meetings for KKW Beauty. I took the kids to a local fairground and we spent almost 4 hours there before leaving.

"No pictures." North begins to say before I give her a look. I really can't be fucked with the paparazzi today and I don't need North entertaining them.

 I really can't be fucked with the paparazzi today and I don't need North entertaining them

"Are you guys ready to see uncle Jose?" I ask them as I put on their seatbelts.

"I like him." Saint says and I pinch his cheeks because he is just so cute. I want my baby to look just like him.

"I don't mind." North says while touching her hair and I get in her face.

"That doesn't answer the question." I say while rolling my neck, she giggles at the sight of that.

"Only if he got me a present." She says and I shut the door before getting in the driver's seat.

"Brat." I mumble to myself as I begin to drive. I didn't want to film for Keeping Up so I'm driving one of my cars which doesn't have a camera and it feels so good to be driving again. I have my security driving behind me and the kids security driving infront of us, so we are secured.

 As we are jamming out to some music, my phone begins to ring. I look to see that it is a video call from Kendall Jenner, I carefully think it through before answering the call.

"Kandi, I've been trying to call you since yesterday." She has in a frantic voice and I hand the kids my work phone to play videos from while I talk to Kendall.

"I was in hospital, duh." I barely give her a glance as I pull to a stop at the stop light. "Why you care? You put me there."

"Kandice." She begins to cry and I tell North to pump the volume. "I couldn't even sleep, I'm so sorry for everything that I have done to you. I just keep making things worse between us, I'm so sorry."

I kiss my teeth as she cries.

"You're sorry but you did it anyways." I purse my lips. "You did what you did and you're only apologising because you have to."

"No Kandice, I'm serious. I am so sorry, Bible." She lifts her hand up as if she is about to take an oath in court.

"Kendall Jenner." I look at her before starting the car up. "I am over it and I am over you."

I look away and begin to drive, following closely behind the security.

"Can we atleast talk about it?"

I let out a short laugh, "Bitch, yesterday you acted so that I wouldn't be able to talk today. I could have died from head trauma or worse, lost my baby which you think that I don't want. My son and I are better off without you, you are a danger to my life."  

"You're having a boy?" Her voice turns to one of wonder before she begins to cry again. 

"And you are out of my life." I tap my screen to end the call before letting out a deep sigh.

"Are you ok?" North asks while looking at me, I look at her through the mirror.

"I'm fine, baby." I fake a smile. "Why don't you sing me your favorite song?"

---

"You look good

"You look good." I say to Jose after the kids have greeted him. They begin to explore the studio while I awkwardly stand opposite Jose, not touching him.

"Yeah, we just did a shoot today." He says while looking at my outfit. "It's not too tight?"

I pull at my trousers to show him how stretchy they are, "I had them altered."

We stay silent for a moment so I decide to take a seat before taking my shoes, my feet are slightly swollen.

"Come on, I'll massage them." Jose says while lifting my feet up, so I change my seating position as he begins to massage my feet. "I'm sorry mami."

"What for?" I ask as I watch the kids play around in the booth.

"For shouting at you in the morning." He sighs. "I just want you to be better and I want for the rest of the pregnancy to be stress free. We've just about made it halfway, I want us to complete the rest of the journey stress free."

"I would never try to hurt our child, I love you and our unborn son too much." I give him a faint smile. "I will try for you."