Second

Shay got home quite safely. She used money inside the purse to pay for a cab and proceeded to use up the girls lipsticks and lip gloss on her self on the ride home. She fell into bed as soon as she got home, covering her pillows in the remaining sticky residue from her lips.

The next morning was a nightmare. Shay was hungover and could barely move. Luckily, her roommate and good friend Alex was taking care of her.

"I didn't even drink that much!" Shay groaned as Alex laughed. "Only like a couple of shot things."

"Yeah, only a couple I'm sure." Alex rolled her eyes at her best friend and continued stroking her head. Alex had long blonde hair that was coloured in random spots. She was always switching up her look, from black to brunette, to blonde to purple. She had thin brown eyebrows and was dressed in nothing but a singlet and underwear.

"Did you meet anyone last night?" Shay asked, her head pounding as she did so.

"Yeah." Alex laughed.

"What was she like?" Shay asked Alex about her romantic life just as much as Alex did to her.

"She was, great." Alex laughed. Shay knew what she meant. Alex was never the one to stick with the same girl for more than a night. She was a bit promiscuous, and managed to pull more girls than all of their guy friends combined.

Shay and Alex had been friends ever since they were kids. So Alex's liking towards the females of the world didn't really affect Shay. She came out in tenth grade and was more respected by others rather than ridiculed. She was still Shay's best friend. Always was, always will be.

"Did you meet anyone last night?" Alex asked her, but Shay just shook her head.

"Pity."

Shay's gaze fell onto her beside table behind Alex's head. The location of the big, black clutch. Alex got up to let Shay rest, but before she left the room Shay got her to fetch her the purse.

"New purse?" Alex asked.

"Something like that." Shay mumbled as she tipped it upside down, the contents spilling onto her bed. She sifted through the insides with her hands.

There was a wallet full of cash, a couple of tampons, a few lip glosses, a make up mirror, mascara, condoms and a phone. Shay picked up the phone for the first time and unlocked it. She laughed at the girls stupidity for not putting a pass code and went through the girls contacts, hoping to find a way to get it back to her.

Sadly, she had no number listed under 'home' or 'house phone' but there were a profound amount of calls made to a guy named Brad. Shay clicked on the contact that she was certain was the girls boyfriend and was relieved to see that an address was listed. She tried her best to ignore her hangover and got up ready to return the burden that was the big, black bag.

After shay showered and changed, she hailed a taxi at the bottom of her busy apartment block and prepared to use the money out of the girls purse to pay her way there. She was doing the owner of the purse a huge favour, the least she could do was pay for Shay's transport. Shay gave the address to the cab driver and buckled her seat belt, clutching the bag on her lap as they drove away.

When she reached the unfamiliar house, Shay paid the taxi driver the owed amount and watched as he drove away. The girl had a lot of cash in her purse, so Shay doubted that the girl would miss any of it. Besides, it wasn't like Shay had money lying around that she could use on fun adventures such as this one.

She walked up the driveway, still clutching the purse. She walked past a car and stepped in front of the front door. The house seemed big, but that was a judgment solely made from outside observation. She puffed her cheeks in concentration, not knowing if she had the balls to knock or not.

As she waited, inside the house Brad was preparing to leave for breakfast. He too felt a little hungover. He had just grabbed his coat from the hook and tugged it over each arm as Shay's closed fist reached for the door. Just as she was about to knock, Brad opened the door in one swift movement, startling them both.

Shay stayed quiet at first, her voice caught in her throat. Brad however was confused as to who she was and was contemplating on whether he had seen her before. She however had no recognition of him; she was far too drunk last night to even remember how or when she got home.

"I found this bag." She said suddenly, holding the black purse up for the boy to see. He looked at it strangely for a few seconds scanning his mind as to why this girl had come to him with it.

"I think your girlfriend left it in the bathroom last night?" Shay continued, making it sound more like a question rather than a statement requiring a simple yes or no answer.

Brad began to make sense of the bag and nodded his head in remembrance. He smiled at the girl and reached for the bag. "She's not my girlfriend." He said, which wasn't entirely false.

Shay nodded at the boy and watched as he tossed the bag on a table inside the house. He would give it to Kelly if she came by and asked for it. He didn't want to go out of his way to see her.

He walked back to the door, feeling the need to introduce himself to the strangely attractive girl before him. "Bradley." He said to Shay, who repeated the name once so that she'd remember. "Well, it's Brad actually." He corrected himself. "Bradley but Brad."

"Okay. Bradley but Brad." She said and stopped a moment before introducing herself. "Shay."

"Shay." Brad nodded with a smile. Shay didn't know why, but she couldn't seem to find the stregnth to look away. He had a really nice smile, she thought.

In a moment of embarrassment she smiled awkwardly and began turning away, until she decided to inform Brad of her use of the bag.

"I, uh. I used some of the money in her wallet to pay for cab fair."

Brad was somewhat surprised and amused at her sudden honesty. He chuckled a tiny bit before silencing, wanting to hear her speak.

"Also," She said before she went to turn away. She was halfway turned with her foot ready to walk away as fast as she could. This confession was a lot more embarrassing than the last.

"I accidentally may have vomited on it last night." This made Brad laugh. "Accidently, I swear."

Brad waved her off as if to say that it was fine, that no harm was done.

"Well I guess I'll see you around." Shay nodded at the man before turning around.

Brad liked this girl. He thought she was funny and sensed that she would be far better company than any of his friends. Before thinking, he yelled out her named and she came walking back.

"Are you hungover?' He asked, wanting to help sooth it with a hot cooked breakfast.

"Extremely."

"How do you feel about breakfast?" Shay was hesitant at first. She had only brought enough money to pay for a cab ride home and wasn't quite sold on Brad's character just yet.

"Okay." She caught herself saying. "But you're paying."

Brad silently jumped for joy at her answer and walked back inside to fetch money.

"Actually," Brad said to himself once inside. "I think Kelly can pay." He reached for her purse and into her wallet, slipping out a few notes.