Fifth

"I'm not even that hungover." Alex groaned as she leant on Shay. Shay wanted to go back to the diner where Brad had taken her, she didn't know why, but she felt like she had to. She felt as if she was meant to eat and actually finish a meal there. And Alex just happened to be the perfect excuse to return.

She ignored Alex the whole ride there which was pretty easy considering it was on Alex's motorbike. When they arrived, Shay shamelessly ushered Alex to the same booth her and Brad had occupied just a few days before. As soon as Alex sat down, she folded her arms over her head as an attempt to block out all surrounding sound. The waitress came over and stared at the very sick looking Alex, awaiting both her and Shay's orders.

"She'll have the breakfast special." Shay spoke for Alex.

"And for you?" The waitress asked. "The same."

"Any drinks?"

"Coffee." Alex groaned from underneath her folded arms. The waitress took their menus and walked over to the counter with the two orders.

Alex started looking lively again as she ate and drank her coffee. Shay had barley touched her meal and drink, but Alex didn't seem to notice.

"You know Natasha?" Alex asked after swallowing the last of her toast.

"The girl who works at the gym?"

Alex nodded. "Don't tell me you did?" Shay gaped. The last time she checked, this 'Natasha' was engaged.

"Don't worry." Alex waved her off. "She was horrible, never sleeping with her again."

Shay laughed and watched as Alex downed the last off her coffee, accidentally burping at a pair of guys as they walked past.

Both guys stopped for a second to look at Alex, and the brown headed guys eyes lit up in recognition as his eyes found Shays.

"Brad?" She asked although she was more than positive that it was him.

"Shay." He smiled.

"Alex." Alex said as she waved a tiny wave at Brad who politely waved back.

"This is Tris." He introduced the blonde headed guy beside him who looked mainly at Alex. She rolled her eyes at him, not giving him a second glance.

"We just came for breakfast." Brad said, he felt a little embarrassed and caught off guard.

"As did we." Shay said, gesturing to their plates. Her full one and Alex's clean one.

"Mega hangover cure." Alex nodded at him.

"We should probably find a seat." Brad said quickly. "See you around?" Brad didn't want to end the conversation just yet, but he would much rather talk to her alone.

Shay nodded and watched as they walked off towards a booth a couple of meters away.

"Is that her?" Tristan asked him as they sat down. Brad had told him about Shay the moment he broke up with Kelly. They had been friends for a ridiculous amount of years and Brad found it hard to keep anything from him. He nodded shyly at his best friend from cross the table.

"Her friend's pretty hot." Tris said as he stared at Alex from across the diner.

"So that's him." Alex stated and Shay nodded. "Ew." She laughed. "His friend is checking me out."

Shay laughed and tried her hardest not to turn back and look.

"Go and talk to him."

"No."

"What are the chances of seeing him again? You might not get a chance like this again."

"I can't just walk over and crash his breakfast!" Shay defended quietly.