Seventh

Shay stared at the boy a few seconds before he decided to shuffle across the carpet on his knees towards her. Shay didn't need to look at Brad to know that he was staring. And not in an admiring kind of way.

"You." The guy chuckled once Shay had met him halfway.

"You." Shay nodded and cleared her throat, not wanting to sound overly flirtatious. She glanced around the circle, only to find that everyone was watching, waiting for it in silence. Shay cleared her throat again and moved a bit closer to the boy, who straightened up as a response. Even on his knees he was still a fair bit taller than Shay.

Shay's mind was racing with thoughts and feelings, she sure as hell wouldn't be able to sort them out in a matter of seconds. Brad had just kissed her, and here she was, preparing to kiss someone else. Right in front of him nonetheless. It was however, just a game and then again, the kiss that her and Brad had shared was quickly dismissed as an accident. Brad had stated that himself. The more Shay tried to convince herself that a kiss was just a kiss, she knew that she was just distancing herself further away from the meaning behind her and Brad's.

"Kiss!" Someone from Shay left yelled, making her jolt up. The alcohol in her body radiated that she was ready for it, but her mind was not yet fully convinced. The guy sat in front of her seemed anxious, and Shay knew that he too would like for things to hurry along.

Before she knew it, she had grabbed James's head in her hands and gently pulled his face down to her level. He lent in at the same time that Shay did, and their lips briefly touched before Shay pulled back. Just because Brad said that their kiss in which they shared was a mistake, did not mean that this one had to be.

James had seemed to have thought that the kiss was done, and was surprised when Shay pulled him back and kissed him for a second time. Really kissed him. Shay made note that he was a pleasant kisser as he moved his hands down to her waist as she gently stroked hers through his hair. She thought that he tasted like the beer that Alex drank, and although her eyes were closed, there was no denying that she could feel when Brad stood up and walked out. Which was why she was so surprised when someone yelled out for them to stop.

"That's enough." The voice said. Shay and James laughed a couple of times before pulling away.

Shay turned to look at the source of the voice and saw Tristan sitting there, a look of pure disgust on his face. Shay searched the group for Brad and found that she was correct, Brad had left. Once Shay stood and said goodbye to James, she immediately went in search for Brad. Alex had stood to follow Shay, kicking Tristan as she walked past him.

Shay waked into the kitchen first and began her search, but Brad was nowhere to be seen. So she walked outside to where they were before and there he stood, his arms leaning on the pool fence. Shay quickly turned around to tell Alex to wait there, she in response crossed her arms and sighed, but obeying nonetheless. Slowly, Shay walked up to him and even though he knew she was there, his focus stayed on the pool in front of him.

"That was a little," he paused to find the right word.

"Don't say it."

"I don't know what to say." His attitude began showing through his words, and it began to tick Shay off.

"It was just a kiss." Shay defended, even though she wasn't too sure which kiss she was initially referring to.

"Which one?"

"You know which one."

"No, I obviously don't." He said and Alex stepped closer.

"You're the one who apologised for kissing me. It was an accident, remember?"