Thirty Third

Shay had never been in a more awkward sitation in her whole life. Never.

She was currently sitting on the edge of a random persons bed with James a meter way on the other side. They were looking anywhere but eachothers faces, increasing the awkward tension that was already building. James was twidling his thumbs while Shay continued to shift uncomfortably on the bed.

"She's pretty." Was the first thing Shay blurted. It was the ony thing- apart from Brad being furious- on her mind.

"Wh-who?" James stuttered out, looking at Shay for what felt like the first time that night.

"Um," Shay swallowed hard. Wait ago for creating even more awkward tension. "Your date- I mean, the girl you brought." Shay looked around the plain room, searching for an easy escape route.

"Yeah, she's uh- decent." He answered honestly. James tried his hardest to look for a girl worthy to bring ronight, worthy to show off. That task was pretty hard considering no one would ever look as good as Shay does to him, and that was a big probelm.

Shay scoffed under her breath and only realised after that James sure had noticed. He rose from the bed and walked to the other side of the room with one hand on his hip and the other clutching his forehead.

"You aren't seriously jealous." He said as he paced towards Shay who stayed silent. James expected her to scoff again or at least argue abck, and was surprised yet hopeful when she didn't.

"I'm not ..." Shay hesitantly whispered after a while.

"Good, because you've got Brad."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Shay crossed her arms and stood from the bed.

"It means that I'm over you, that I've got it. You can't go acting jealous just becuase Brad's being a dick-"

"You don't know anything!" Shay yelled and walked closer to James. "I'm not jelaous of you and that- that Lucy Hale wanna be-"

"You so are!" James yelled back and took a step closer. They were now only a mere meter away from one another.

"Am not!"

"Are to!" James stepped closer, trying his best to intimidate Shay.

"Am not!" Shay yelled back just as loud, taking a step closer. Showing that James' attempt at intimidation failed.

"Just admit it!"

"No!" Shay screamed back as James' face inched closer to hers.

"Why not!" He yelled, fully aware of how close their faces were becoming.

"Because it's not right to love two people at the same time!" Shay screamed back as loud as she could, glad that the music downstairs drowned out their screaming fight. After the suprising statement, Shay's hand was reaching to cover her mouth, but James's lips beat her to it.

The nostalgic feeling of James's lips on hers, sent shay's body into a frenzy. She didn't attempt to remove her lips from his or his from hers, instead she connected them harshly, with an undying passion. This was the feeling that she longed for. This was the feeling that she craved most.

James began backing Shay in the direction of the bed, and just as the back of her legs touched the familiar blanket, there was a knock on the door followed by a loud voice yelling,

"You better be making out in there!"

James pulled away almost instantly and Shay wiped her mouth, silently praising herself for not wearing any kind of lip gloss or lip stick. James looked down at the girl in his arms and when their eyes met, they both started giggling.