Chapter 1

I ran as fast as I could. There was no way I could get to class on time. No way. I WAS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE BUILDING FOR GOD'S SAKE! Still, I ran.
What seemed like a million years later, I found myself pushing the heavy door open and trying my very best to catch my breath, asking myself why do I do this.
"You're late!" The booming sound of the teacher came from the opposite end on the hall "sorry" you replied hoping you weren't getting kicked out. She sighed
"go sit down and write the essay on to kill a Mockingbird." you nodded and took your seat and finished the lesson.
Walking into my dorm I noticed my roommate wasn't there. To be honest, I could say like always, but I have to say I'm kind of lucky. I mean we don't have to talk and on my terms, that's for the best, I'm not the most sociable in the world.
On rare occasions, she is here it's to get away from her boyfriends. And yes she does have multiple. I have seen some of them standing by her bed waiting for her. But I have never questioned her, she always seemed too fierce. Anyway like I said she is hardly ever here.
I don't think it has ever felt as good as today to flop onto my bed. To be honest that kind of explained everything to me as to why I sleep in so much. But most teens can certainly relate, BED IS THE BEST THING EVER!

_________

I woke up to deafening bangs on the door. Groggily, I woke and worked my way to the door.
"Is this Hanna?" The person who I had never seen before shouted my in my face. Hanna is the name of my roommate. "Uh... no? She is my roommate."
"Is she here?" The man's voice said a little softer than the last. I shook my head too bothered to speak. The was an awkward moment of silence, then they walked away. It was only a few seconds when my eyes came into phocus and I saw who they were. THE POLICE?!
I quickly fumbled out my phone, and went straight to the messaging app.
Maya you'll never guess what just happened!
Maya is my best friend. She was from my hometown in Manhattan. We both basically saw each other everyday until college. That's another reason why college sucks.
What? It better be good, IT'S ONE AM!
I smiled at the text. I had forgotten she had moved to England for college.
The police just showed up at my door!!

Wait! No way! What did you do?

I decided To explain it, it would be best to video chat her.
when she picked up the other end was black, although the glint of the phone screen reflected on her face. She has clearly been asleep as it is in droopy and she had Mad bed hair.

Me: Hey.
Maya: Tell me more! What in the world happened?
Me: like I said in the texts.
Maya: I know but why were they there?
Me: They didn't say anything more. But they were after my roommate.
Maya: Who's your roommate?
Me: Hanna.
Maya: right...
I heard her Yawn.
Maya: Hey can we talk later? I mean it is early.
Me: Okay, phone me when you are ready.
Then the call line fell silent.