Chapter 22

My eyes gleamed with happiness and I couldn't help but to raise my lips into a smile. I was relieved, and thankful, that I might be left off. Well, i will be left off after that massive fuss hanna made about my sexuality. That lead me on to thinking about how amazing hanna was. She has done the opposite of ruining my life, she saved it!

For a couple of seconds after the head teacher spoke there was silence.

Then the head teacher looked at me and Hanna, and plastered on a fake smile over the guilt he must have felt for assuming who i am.
"Well, chads waiting outside so i'm going to call him in and have a chat with him, in the meantime, would you two like to wait outside?" He gestured towards the door, so I guess there wasn't a way to say no.

It felt almost lighter to stand up. Like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I smiled at Hanna and let her lead me out of the doorway.

As I walked through the door i kept on getting more happy with every step. . Well, I did... Until i saw chad leaning against the wall, looking smug as ever. When I look back now at my memories with him he had always had a smug look of his face.I guess i has always just overlooked it because of my huge crush on him. Now i cringe at how stupid i was to fall for him.

I think Hanna and I rolled our eyes at the same time. He was as worthless to hanna as me was to me.
I was just about to walk out of the way of him when he started to walk towards hanna. I stared in disbelief as he walked closer and closer.
"I guess your little girlfriend is going to get kicked out of the school." He said mockingly. I let out a snort. He really had no idea.

"And you," He turned to me "I hope you rot in your new school, that's if you get into one."

As soon as the door closed behind him me and Hanna giggled until we couldn't breathe. He had no idea!

____________

It had been a while now. Both me and Hanna had calmed down from our little giggle session and we were back to staying quiet, waiting for something to happen. We still hadn't heard anything from the principal or Chad though. It must have been at least seven nearly eight minutes now. That might not seem a lot but it felt like a lifetime. I assumed they must have been discussing something big.

With all this silence, this was a perfect opportunity for all my anxieties to work their way into my head. This is the time where I started regretting laughing behind Chad's back. What if he had a right to be smug? What if he was right about, well, everything?  What if i was going to be kicked out of school?  These thoughts were blocking up my mind and I felt like I couldn't breathe.
Hanna saw my mini panic attack and quickly took a few steps towards me, to try and provide comfort. I could feel the hairs on my spine prick up as she put her hand on my shoulder.  "Rebecca, it's going to be fine! Trust me, he has no chance against you."

I hoped this was true...