Chapter 13

Since I went to the library yesterday, I honestly had no idea on what I wanted to do today. Everything just seemed a little boring. I just wanted to go to my dorm but something told me that Hanna was still there.

Soon this issue of boredom was resolved though. I got a text. More specifically a text from 'unknown'
I'm not one of those people who just don't look at the texts from people who they don't know. I just never know if its a person who I actually do know. So I opened the message.
"Hey Its Chad, Do you want to meet me at starbucks?"
I was quite confused. Chad already HAD my number. I gave it to him when we were working on the project. So why was this under an unknown number?

That thought passed as almost instantly after that text I got a phone call. It was the same number.
I picked it up.

"Hey, you gotta listen to me carefully."
It definitely wasn't the voice of Chad. It was a feminine voice.
"W-where's chad?"
"You gotta listen carefully." she repeated again "Chads gone to the bathroom he will be back any second now."
She was speaking in a hushed, urgent tone.
"Whatever you do don't meet up with Chad today. Bad things will happen. I don't want anyone else to experience what i've been through."
"Why? What is going to happen?" I was filled with so many questions
"I would have called you sooner, I didn't know who you were."
There was a short silence.
"JUST PROMISE ME THAT YOU WON'T MEET HIM!"
A chill came through my spine.
"I promise."
"Your his next target."
That was the last thing she said before the sound of Chad in the background came closer. She hung up on me. 

I was scared out of my mind. What she said kept on playing over and over again inside my mind. That was now two people who said he was dangerous.

I decided that I wasn't going to meet up with chad. What do you think this is? A stupid horror movie? I was smarter than this.
Of course I had no reason to trust a person who I don't know warning me, but this gave me a little wake up call.

I headed over to the door. I was now ready to leave the hotel. Obviously, I didn't have new clothing on as I left the dorm in a rush. So there was that. But At least it was a sunny day.

Since the sun was shining I decided to finish reading the fault in our stars at the park. (I had snatched the book before I stomped out the room) .It was only a small walk from here so it seemed like a good idea.

I have to say the walk didn't really mind me. I could just hear the singing of the birds and that made me want to be in a cheery mood. The cool rush of breeze was a nice thing every now and again as well.
It was what I would call a perfect day... normally. But every step I took I was thinking more and more of the phone call. I guess it was her voice that haunted me the most. I didn't really have time to process it all before but now I realised how she sounded like she had seen a ghost. It was a shiver down my spine that I couldn't get rid of.

Once I finally reached the park, I found a small bench to sit on overlooking a nicely kept patch of grass and some small trees. It seemed like one of those times that I was thankful for my sight.
I opened my book and traced my hands across the nicely kept spine. I'm a girl who likes to keep her books in pristine condition, even if it means only slightly opening the book to read. It's a painful habit that would be easier if I just broke.

I think I must have read something like five chapters when a person came to sit next to me. At first I thought nothing of it. Lots of people have to sit down on benches, nothing out of the ordinary. But I think you could probably guess who started speaking in my ear.
"I heard you talking to my girlfriend."