Chapter 19

It took longer than I expected to go to that terrifying place. I guess the last time I came I was quickly running for Hannas life but it still felt long. 

When I got there, I looked around. The place looked like it hadn't been touched since I was last here. And that meant that there was nobody around now. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but right now it would have been useful if in case anything happened there would be witnesses.

In the distance i spotted the storage room. At the sight of it I immediately started to have doubts but I ignored them as I walked towards it.

Every step i took gave me flashbacks to earlier on before. To be honest I wasn't sure if I even wanted to do this anymore. But I know the guilt would never leave me alone.
The storage room was getting closer and closer now and my breath was getting shorter and shorter. Fear of what i would find consumed me.

I touched the door handle. I expected it to be cold but i found it was fairly warm, as if it had been opened not that long ago. I knew it was strange but i ignored my even more doubts and pulled the handle.

I closed my eyes as soon as I pushed the door out and a part of me didn't want to open them. Soon, the suspense got to me though and I peeked out.

I couldn't find him.

My eyes glanced all over the room but there was no sign of him anywhere.
I gave a sigh of relief. I know it was my choice to come here but I really didn't want to see him.

___________

I had started to calm down when all of a sudden I felt a hand on my shoulder.
I was so surprised that I jumped out of the hands grasp the way a deer leaps out of a predator.

I jolted around to find our head teacher standing in front of me.
I was so taken aback by the surprise that for a minute I was breathless. Literally, I was gasping for air.

Immediately he rushed over to me to check to see if I was okay but he clearly wasn't impressed. It was obvious that there was something urgent he needed to talk to me about. I guess he was just trying to be a good person, which I understand,  but I really didn't want him here right now.

After I caught my breath he took a step back and straightened himself upwards. Now it looked like he really meant business.
"Rebecca."
His tone was stern.
"A few minutes ago chad came into my office."
I immediately knew this was bad. I mean everything with Chad in it is bad.
My head teacher paused. And tried to put on a comforting fake smile
"You know what this would be easier if you could come to my office so we can sit down and have a talk."

I was trembling with fear. I had a bad feeling about what was going to happen next. I had never really got into trouble before. So I wasn't really familiar with the whole routine. This also meant I wasn't familiar with the punishments. I think that was was was most frightening to me. The fear of the unknown