04

"Hurry up! We only have 5 minutes left before the episode starts!"

Everyone is running around the kitchen like crazy, encouraged by my older sister. Her cheerful and excited demeanor is slowly rubbing off on Felix, who's acting pretty enthusiastic right now even though he isn't even hyped for the drama we're about to watch. He's just that person who joins whatever mood is in the air, often without even knowing why a certain mood is there.

Right now he's humming a happy melody, pacing back and forth through the kitchen with different aspects of the dish in his hands. He and Soojae are the only ones that are still cooking, Minho and I dropped out a long time ago because the chaos of it became too much to handle.

"Look at him, how is he even able to keep up with your sister?" Minho mumbles, his eyes never leaving the younger male as he darts around the kitchen.

"They share the same energy," I quietly reply. "Hyperactive and extremely annoying."

"I heard that," Soojae scolds, playfully smacking the back of my head as she walks past me. "I may be hyperactive but I'm definitely not annoying."

"Are you sure about that?" the oldest mutters next to me and Felix gives us a look of disapproval.

"Minho and Minjae who? I only know Meanho and Meanjae," he scoffs, disappearing into the living room with four plates and four pairs of chopsticks.

Soojae follows him and a moment later, a loud screech erupts from the living area.

"The intro is starting!" my sister shrieks and I instantly jump up from my chair, startling the boy sitting next to me.

I plop down on the couch next to Felix, whose enthusiasm seems to have worn off now that he realizes what he's gotten himself into.

The japchae would've been forgotten if it wasn't for Minho, who enters the living room with a panicked expression as he balances four plates with food on his arms.

"Someone help!" he cries as one of the plates tilts over dangerously. The oldest tries to defy gravity with a strange movement but he would've never been able to save the meal without the help of Soojae, who dashes forward and catches the plate just in time.

"Thanks," Minho breathes, leaving out a relieved sigh as my sister takes another plate from him.

He quickly hands me the other plate before he sits down next to me. Flexi immediately scoots closer to me to make room for Soojae, who plops down onto the couch. It's a tight fit, seeing how this couch is fitted for three people and we're using it with four but we somehow make it work.

I try to get as comfortable as I can, for as far that's possible with a plate on your lap and the weight of your already bored best friend leaning onto your shoulder. There's no way I can lift my arm to use my chopsticks now unless I move closer to Minho and I don't have to try to know that he won't appreciate that. So I give up on finding a convenient way to sit and eat at the same time and scoot over to Felix. At least he's comfortable now.

Every time I have to lift my arm to take a bite, Felix and I end up nudging each other forcefully, battling over the little space that's left between us because it's really inconvenient and uncomfortable the boy as my elbow pokes his arm every single time. I get it, I truly do, but eating is nearly impossible.

"Why is it so obvious that you two are the youngest here?" Minho questions, inching away from us as far as he can to avoid any flailing limbs. Felix shrieks like a banshee when I nearly slap the plate from his lap.

"Helloooo," my sister calls out, waving her arms to grab our attention. "I'm trying to watch a drama here, be quiet!"

"You shouldn't have invited these idiots over then," the oldest sighs, his eyes glued to the flatscreen opposite of us.

At the mention of idiots, our fighting over space subsides.

"We're not idiots," Felix scoffs, and I nod in agreement.

"Okay then, you're two teenagers that somehow still behave like two children," Minho deadpans and an animalistic growl escape from my sister.

"I told you to be quiet," she growls lowly, emphasizing each word. Her glare shoots daggers, Felix slowly inches away from her -and thus closer to me- and even Minho gulps. All alarmed by my sister's outburst, Minho stops complaining and Felix and I stare at the tv in silence.

I completely forgot to watch the drama and I watch in confusion as I see the male lead kiss an unfamiliar woman who definitely isn't the female lead. Before I can ask what I exactly missed, Soojae squeals as the male dramatically walks towards the camera in slow-motion.

"Lee Minho is so hot," she dramatically sighs, her eyes never leaving the flatscreen as the male actor moves, the woman frantically following him. Next to me, Minho nearly chokes on his japchae and he leans forward, glancing past me and Felix as he gives Soojae a bewildered look.

"W-What?" he asks, obviously flustered.

He isn't getting any response, though. Soojae's eyes are glued to her favorite actor and she's either ignoring him or too focused on the drama. It could be both, knowing her.

"Lee Minho is the name of that actor, dimwit" I sigh, holding back a chuckle at Minho's shocked reaction. I mean, I can't blame him, I would react exactly the same if someone would mention something about Min Minjae.

"I honestly think our Minho is looking much better," Felix casually mentions.

"That's gay," I dryly comment.

"Thank you for stating the obvious, Lix," the oldest states, stretching his arm behind my back to pat Felix' shoulder. "It's still hyung for you, though."

The laughter of Minho and I fills the room, outvoting the whining voices of the woman on tv. Soon after, a perplexed Felix joins us and a heavy sigh from the other end of the couch indicated that my sister officially gave up. I highly doubt if she'll ever invite us over again.

I completely forgot that I was excited for this drama too.

--

What a mess