05

It's pretty late when both Minho and Felix leave. They would've stayed even longer if Soojae wouldn't have send them away. She always does that and I still don't know why. It's not like she goes to bed early.

Watching the drama with all four of us together didn't work out so eventually, after finishing dinnger, my sister ushered us out of living room and told us to do something fun together so she could re-watch the episode in peace. We just stayed in the kitchen for nearly an hour, playing stupid games on our phone and snapping even more stupid pictures of each other.

Felix even managed to send some stupid and embarrassing pictures of Minho to his friend, Jisung, and his reply was hilarious. He sent us a picture of himself that had Minho malfunctioning for nearly five minutes straight.

Felix even got away with not calling him hyung and he never gets away with that.

After the living room was available again, we hung out for a little bit, not doing anything in particular until Soojae decided it was time to send them all away.

And now I'm sitting here on my own while my sisters cleans the kitchen. It's quiet, lonely and above all, boring. After yawning for the umpteenth time, I just decide to go to sleep because there's nothing better to do anyway.

I stroll into the kitchen, where Soojae is still busy re-organizing the kitchen after the four of us created a big mess. She looks up, setting down a plate and removing a strnd of hair from her forehead.

"Hey sis, what's up?" she asks.

"I'm going to sleep," I shrug. "It's boring without them around, anyway."

Soojae's eyes widen; she blinks a few times until she furiously shakes her head. Then she hurries to the kitchen table and pulls back a chair, motioning me to sit down.

"Sit," she demands.

I quirk an eyebrow at her sudden weird behavior but I sit down anyway, but not without rolling my eyes.

"Woof," I deadpan, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

My sister takes a seat opposite of me and her serious expression makes me nervous. She never looks like that, not even when we are alone and she switches to full mom-mode.

"We have to talk," she sighs and now I'm even more nervous because in most cases, those words never lead to something good.

"Spill it," I dryly reply. "Make it quick because I'm tired. Entertaining two boys is hard."

The older remains silent for a while, chewing her bottom lip as she's lost in thoughts. Doubt is written in her eyes that look at anything but me and I find this stranger with every second that passes.

"Say, for how long have do you know Felix already?" she slowly begins, still refusing to look at me.

"A little over a year and a half," I reply with a frown and a hint of confusion because this is quite random. "Why do you ask?"

Silence.

"Don't you think it's about time to become something more than best friends?" Soojae suddenly asks and at that point, I nearly choke on my own saliva.

"What the heck, of course not," I blurt out, giving her a weird look, not understanding at all why she would ask this. "He's my best friend and I want him to stay my best friend because he's the bestest friend ever. Why do you ask?"

My sister nervously gulps as I frown at her and in a small voice, she asks, "can you do me a favor?"

My frown deepens. "What," I bluntly ask, not even caring that I sound rude because this conversation is weirding me out more with every sentence that's being spoken.

"Try to make Felix fall for you," my sister blurts out, intently staring at the table between us and this time, I get caught in an actual coughing fit that hurts my lungs and throat.

"What the heck, Soo," I angrily say, overwhelmed with disbelief and yes, anger because this is just stupid and dumd. "Forget it, I'm not doing that. Why would I ever do that?"

I jump up from the chair, nearly bumping it over and I'm about to leave the kitchen. But somehow, I stop as my sister calls out to me.

"Just listen," she cries out, and the desperation in her voice scares me. Why is this so important to her?

"I'll listen when you stop saying stupid things about making my best friend fall for me," I retort, shooting her another angry glare.

"Just see it as some kind of little game," my sister tries. "He doesn't have to know, I can even give you money if you want. Just-"

"What makes you think there's an amount of money that's worth more than my friendship with Felix?" I ask, my anger fueling to something more.

Why would she ask something like this? If I would ever say yes to this, my friendship with Felix might be ruined forever. The boy means a lot to me and losing him over a stupid favor for my sister isn't exactly my goal in life.

"I don't know," she sighs. "Please help me out and just do it. He doesn't have to know and everything will turn out fine. I saw it in a drama once and-"

"Reality check; life isn't a kdrama, sis," I snap at her. "How would this help you, anyway?"

"I can't tell you," she replies in a small voice and it surprises me how defeated she sounds. What the heck is going on?

Then a small plan forms in my head.

If I just say yes to Soojae without actually meaning it, and just forget about it when I wake up tomorrow and don't act different around Felix, what's the deal? Felix doesn't have to find out, I don't have to do anything at all and my sister will stop bugging me about it, even though it slightly worries me why she looks so worried.

"I'll do it," I growl, giving her my most pissed-off look I can muster up. "Now stop bothering me and let me sleep."

The relief that washes over her face makes me rethink my decision. This is just so weird and I honestly don't understand anything of it. But then again, I'm not going to do anything with it so what's the deal?

"Thank you so much, Minjae," she says brightly and I give her a strange look as I leave the kitchen and climb up the stairs towards my room.

There's a nagging feeling telling me how wrong this all is and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to shake it off. I have to be careful, even though I'm just pretending to play along.

As I crawl under my soft blankets, the thought of telling Felix about this all pops up in my head but I quickly shake it off. He'll get mad at Soojae and Soojae would get mad at me for telling Felix and I don't want my little group of friends to fall apart.

Then the thought of telling Minho crosses my mind but I quickly dismiss that idea as well. It's better if no one knows. Nothing will happen, anyway. It's not like I'm really going to try to make Felix fall for me.

I have to play this game carefully in order to keep everyone satisfied. Just waiting patiently for a few weeks and then telling Soojae that I tried but it didn't work.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do.

Now that I finally have my head wrapped around this strange idea, I turn off the light and pull the covers over me. But it will take a while to fall asleep after something as strange as this.

--

Stupid Minjae. Stupid Soojae.
But there's something behind it, just wait.

Long time not updated though >\\\<

This chapter is written at 3am and it feels rushed but I just wanted to continue.