22

-The café Chan was talking about is indeed very close to our school. It took us less than five minutes to walk here and one glance around the interior of the building is enough to decide it was worth every single step. It's small but beautiful, with a great atmosphere that makes me feel at ease immediately.

It's a combination of light wood, bricks, and a warm gray color, combined with softly glowing lights on the walls and fairy lights that cross the ceiling, casting a warm hue over its surroundings. It's a great combination of modern and rustic and whoever did the interior of this café did a great job.

"Looks pretty good, huh?" Chan grins, ushering me further inside by placing a hand on the back of my shoulder.

"It's really pretty," I nod, still glancing around the café with a mild smile playing on my lips. "It's much better to spend a free period over here than in the boring school cafeteria."

"Thanks, I'm glad you like it," another person appears from behind the counter, where he was supposedly crouching down until he heard us. He approaches us with a broad smile -the sweetest I've ever seen -and to my surprise, pulls Chan into a hug.

"Good to see you again, Channie," he grins, lightly ruffling his hair.

"I was here two days ago, hyung," Chan protests, ducking away to protect his hair. But the boyish grin on his face is obvious and I can only guess these guys are good friends.

"Hi, I'm Woojin, the owner of this humble café," the male greets me after finishing molesting Chan's hair.

"I'm Minjae, nice to meet you," I politely greet him, giving him a small bow.

"Likewise," the oldest replies with a warm smile. "So I saved the best table for you, as you requested. You know the way, right? The coffee is coming right up, I hope."

Chan nods enthusiastically before he gently grabs my wrist and leads me away from the entrance, towards the far back of the café. There's a darker corner in the building, with a corner booth, colorful fairy lights surrounding it. It looks cozy and comfortable and I suddenly have the urge to sit down and spend the rest of my day there, surrounded by donuts and hot chocolate.

"I can tell from your face that you like it," the older snickers, letting go of my hand and sliding into the booth. I take a seat next to him, smiling softly as I keep a safe distance.

"I do, how can I not?" I reply, still looking around. "It's... perfect."

Just then, a loud smash comes from behind the counter, followed by a high-pitched screech and a curse. Everyone looks up as Woojin quickly runs towards the ruckus, consisting of two boys that apparently dropped the coffee they were making.

"I'm sorry, Seungmin hyung, don't kill me," a raven-haired boy pleads, holding his hand up in the air, his slender eyes wide.

"I could never hurt you, Jeongin-ah," the Seungmin-guy chuckles, using a cloth to dab at an obvious coffee stain on his gray apron. "It's just a little...hot, that's all."

"You are both so clumsy," Woojin groans, causing Chan to stifle a laugh behind his hand.

"I think we have to wait for our coffee a little longer," he whispers.

"I don't mind, I like it here," I say fondly. It's true, it's a cool place to be and I don't mind being with Chan, either. He really takes my mind off of things, with his great personality and a smile that holds magic. With his eyes that sparkle as he talks about what he likes, how he always makes sure everyone around him is okay before he worries about himself. The warm feeling I get when he laughs at me, or simply places a hand on my shoulder. How he-