29

"So, the moment has come, huh?"

Our last classes ended nine minutes ago and after paying our locker a rushed visit, Minho and I headed outside faster than ever before to get to the school's west gate. Nerves surge through my body at top speed and one glance at the older is enough to see he's nervous, as well. Of course, we're both hoping that whatever this unknown guy has to tell us, will be some kind of breakthrough in our complicated situation.

Minho nods, heaving out a small sigh. "Yup. I don't allow myself to hope for anything good, though. You know, just in case it's nothing and we end up disappointed again."

"Staying positive is scary, isn't it?" I agree, tugging on the hem of my sleeves to pull them over my hands. It's still quite chilly outside and I regret not bringing a coat with me this morning. "Even though I'm pretty sure it has something to do with our situation. I mean, why else would he want to talk to just the two of us? I really don't think it's a coincidence."

"Yeah, I believe that, too," Minho admits. "But even if it has something to do with Felix and Jangmi or whoever is involved, we still have no idea whether it will be something helpful or something that doesn't help us at all."

"Well, we're about to find out, huh?" I say, trying to sound a little cheerful. I know what I just said about how being positive is scary in times where everything seems to work against you but I can't help but feel a spark of hope. Maybe, just maybe, this unknown boy can really help us.

He isn't there yet as we come to a halt just outside of the west gate. Just like Chan mentioned during lunch, there's hardly anyone there, apart from a handful of students passing through. They look at us curiously as we lean against the white plastered wall but ignore us as soon as they find out we're not doing anything.

"Did he even mention what time his classes were over?" the older remarks, glancing around the as good as abandoned campus in hopes to find the boy. But he's nowhere in sight and I just shrug.

"He didn't."

"I hope he doesn't expect us to wait here for hours," Minho mutters, tapping his feet impatiently as he whips out his phone to glance at the clock. "I'm okay with waiting-"

"I think that's him," I interrupt him as I find an ashen-blonde figure jogging towards us. As he finds us near the gate he waves at us, confirming my suspicions. I softly nudge the older's shoulder. "You should wait a little longer before complaining the next time."

Minho rolls his eyes but quickly takes on a neutral expression as the boy comes to half in front of us. He straightens his uniform and readjusts his school bag over his shoulders before giving us a bow.

"Hello, I'm Hwang Hyunjin," he introduces himself. Then he straightens his composure again and he gives us both a solemn look. "Before I make myself look like a total idiot, I'm one of Choi Jangmi's many exes."

I feel my eyes widen at his statement and I exchange a look with Minho, who seems to be as surprised as I am. I can see him thinking, comes the favor I was asking for really this fast? I give him a small nod and he glances over at Hyunjin again.

"You have my interest, elaborate."

"Can we go somewhere else?" Hyunjin suggests, glancing around. "I know Jangmi is still at school and if she finds me talking to you, I don't think what I tell you will make a difference anymore."

I don't have to think twice before accepting his suggestion and minutes later, we're on our way to an old bookstore Hyunjin mentioned; according to him, it's the ideal place to talk without being interrupted or being overheard by unwanted people. Minho seemed to be wary but his wish for information was bigger than his suspicions and we went along with Hyunjin.