26

The loud music is still clearly audible as I walk back home. It might be just my imagination but it sounds even louder than before and I scoff. Usually, parties are far away from my house and I hope I won't hear this noise in my bedroom when I try to sleep later.

I sway the white plastic bag back and forth, listening to the crackling of the chips bag. I hope that Jinsung kid stays awake from now on, for the sake of himself and 7eleven. Trust me, once the party is over, a lot of drunk partygoers will walk past the store and you don't want drunk people in your store while your cashier is asleep. That place is gonna be trashed if there's no one there to stop them -even though I highly doubt that boy can do anything against a group of drunk seniors while he seemed to be a freshman, judging from his appearance.

My mind starts to come up with all kinds of scenarios and I sigh. That's how bored I am right now and I suddenly look forward to watching kdramas all night while stuffing myself with chips and chocolate, only to arrive at school looking like a wreck tomorrow.

I honestly don't even care anymore.

As I walk past a wooden bench in a small grass perch along the walkway, I suddenly get the idea to sit down for a while and eat my chocolate in the pleasant night air. But before I can even go there, a hand latches around my wrist and an awfully familiar tuft of orange hair poking from under a black hoodie appears in my vision as I'm being dragged towards the bench. 

My breath hitches in my throat as Felix' eyes meet mine and I look at him warily, hoping to find his intentions behind them. The smell of cheap beer lingers in the air around him and I heave out a disappointed sigh.

"You're drunk, Felix," I state, quietly observing the boy, scared that he might disappear any moment. I even forget how angry I am with him, or maybe I just don't care at this point. The fact that he approached me out of free will is overwhelming, drunk or not.

"No, I'm not," the boy protests, his speech slightly slurred.

"You wouldn't approach me if you weren't," I sadly counter, averting my gaze. The slur in his voice and the faint smell of alcohol gave it away immediately and yet, the fact that he voluntarily talks to me is the biggest confirmation.

"Oh yeah, that's true," he sheepishly admits, looking like he actually had to think about that.

And his words hurt.

There's a battle raging in my mind right now; what do I do? The anti-Felix walls I have built over time are crumbled to mere ruins and staying here with him will only end up hurting me more, I just know it well. But ignoring him and just walking off doesn't seem right, either. It's inevitable, it's like I'll get hurt anyway, no matter what I choose to do.

Life is so unfair. I hate it.

"What did you drink?" I ask, pretending to be unbothered.

"Beer. And something pink," the orange-haired boy shrugs and I inspect him closely. He is not completely intoxicated by whatever he drank, but apparently enough to make him forget we aren't exactly on speaking terms anymore.

"You're stupid," Felix scoffs after a moment of silence, swinging his legs back and forth as he casually glances around the dark street. "Look what you did to our friendship."

"You don't have to tell me," I mutter, mindlessly staring at his restless legs, just to have something to focus on. It's confusing; his drunk and careless demeanor doesn't match with the heavy loaded words at all.

It falls silent after that again and for a few minutes, I lose myself in the music playing in the distance. It's nothing but a harsh beat, too far away to hear an actual melody. My head already hurts after just thinking of being at that party. I can only guess Felix was at that party before he went here.