43

Sighing, I plop down on a wooden bench built around a tree. I purposely pick the side that's bathing in sunlight, uncovered by the tree's shadow. I'm in a sunny mood, so why not? Felix immediately sits down next to me while Hyunjin and Minho decide to take a seat in the shadow.

Birds are chirping happily as they fly from tree to tree, free from any disturbances from the students that litter the place during breaks. Besides us, there's no one around. Apart from a janitor in the distance, who's too busy watching something on his phone.

It's peaceful and quiet and I close my eyes to relish the first stress-free moment in a long time, surrounded by my friends and nothing else to bother us.

Well, okay. I wouldn't be Min Minjae if trouble wasn't following me around everywhere.

"Uh oh, incoming," Hyunjin mutters, and we all glance up to see a certain person approaching us with quick strides. She even attends a hair flip but even from a distance, I can see the insecurity in her step, no matter how much she tries to hide it. When she gets closer, it's pretty obvious that she's in so much stress not even the insane amount of makeup she wears is enough to hide it anymore.

"Hi Jangmi," I sweetly greet her once she reached us, secretly enjoying how the tables have turned now. It's her now, who's gritting her teeth in helpless anger. Her cheeks are dusted with pink from either embarrassment and anger -maybe even both- and she looks like she's about to cry.

It's my favorite look on her so far; a nasty scowl that shows what she usually hides behind makeup and fake smiles.

"I hope you're happy now," she spits, her voice trembling.

"You bet I am," I reply, nodding to confirm her words. Then, I sling my arm over Felix' shoulder, grinning widely. It's not even meant to be a stingy remark but I just can't help myself as I add, "we have our Lixie back. Why wouldn't I be happy?"

Felix just chuckles, leaning closer into my half-embrace.

From my peripheral vision, I can see Minho and Hyunjin looking at us, eyeing the scene that unfolds with an amused grin. It's obvious that they too enjoy the fact that we have the overhand for once -and possibly forever from now on, when it comes to her.

"You're acting all sweet, Min Minjae," Jangmi snarls, but I can hear the confidence breaking with every word she speaks. "But I can see right through you. You're nasty, maybe even lower than I am."

I laugh in disbelief, lifting my eyebrows in surprise. "You really dare to say that?"

She delicately chooses to ignore my remark and instead, she turns to Hyunjin.

"Hyunjin oppa, I expected better from you," she whines, her tone completely changing. "Are you really going to side with them? After everything, we've been through? I've helped you through so much-"

"Excuse me?" Hyunjin interrupts the girl, leaning forward to get a better look at her. "What are you even saying? You helped me through the trouble that you created all by yourself, on purpose, to get me into a weak position. I happily turned against you, best decision of my life."

"Can you like, just get lost or something? You're annoying," Minho groans, giving Jangmi a bored look.

Again, she ignores what's inconvenient to her and instead, she averts her gaze to me again.

"This is going to get me in so much trouble, you-"

"You deserve that, I hope you'll get payback for what you did. Loss tastes bitter, doesn't it?" I give her a sweet smile, waving innocently. "And now piss off, please. I have nothing else to say to you."

The boys all hum in agreement but the girl in front of us doesn't move. Instead, she glares at us, her eyebrow twitching lightly. But it's a weak kind of glare, one that doesn't hold anything but defeat. Defeat that she's fully aware of but refuses to accept.

"I guess we'll have to walk away," Minho sighs, slowly getting to his feet. "She isn't going anywhere, I think. Isn't she supposed to be at the principal's office, by the way? I mean-"

"Yeah, let's just go, okay?" Felix quickly suggests. "I kind of want to chill a little before our next class starts."

We all nod and I let go of Felix before we all get up and start to walk away. But as soon as we're a few feet away, quick footsteps follow after us and before I can even catch up on what's happening, Felix is right behind me. His fingers are tight around Jangmi's wrist, who was about to latch her fingers into my hair.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her," he warns, his voice dropping even lower than usual.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Jangmi," I dryly tell her, quickly flashing Felix a grateful smile before sending another glare in the girl's direction. "I mean, you don't wanna get in trouble for starting a riot, too, right? Because at this point, I wouldn't even care about- okay, whatever. You're not worth the risk."

And with that, Felix releases her wrist and we all walk off, leaving the girl behind once again.

Okay, maybe this isn't the most mature way to deal with things but oh how good it feels to make fun of her for once, instead of being the victim like I used to be.

"You think you're a big shot now, huh? Now that you have all those boys surrounding you." Jangmi's voice sounds from behind us, now sounding more desperate than mean. "There's a word for that, you know? It's called a slut."

What the actual-

"Y'all hear sum?" I say loudly, internally cringing at her weak attempts to get the overhand again -which is definitely a lost cause for her at this point. Her words don't even hurt, knowing who they come from.

"That was just-" Minho starts.

Then, a loud beep sounds over the campus, before a remotely robotic voice resonates in the air.

"Will miss Choi Jangmi come to the principal's office immediately, please?" it demands before the intercom shuts off again with another beeping tone.

"Is it bad that I can't wait to hear what will happen to her?" Hyunjin questions and we all shake our head, admitting that we all wonder the same thing.

I really hope she'll get what she deserves.

--

I wasn't planning on writing this (which is why it's short) but I suddenly felt like writing the defeat of Jangmi lol. So here you go, y'all. A Jangmi-hate chapter.

See it as a small extra chapter.