40

Apparently, Felix' plan to go on many dates together started immediately after we left the school grounds. He suggested going on a small street food tour together and I didn't have to think twice about that. It's something we wanted to do for a long time but for some reason, it never really happened.

Until now.

The plaza is filled with people as we stroll around, lamb skewers in both our hands. It's not too crowded to a point where it gets suffocating. It's a nice type of crowd, one that gives off a summer festival vibe of some sort. The air is filled with chatter and laughter of families, friends and couples that decided to visit the food court on this particular evening.

I can't really blame them; the weather is amazing. We're not that far into the evening yet, meaning that the sun still holds the power to give off some warmth. The air feels smooth and silky, a soft breeze gently blowing over the plaza. Fairly lights are hung up everywhere, crossing the plaza and wrapping it in a cozy atmosphere, even though they don't give off light yet since it's still too bright outside.

And the best part of everything is that Felix is by my side, talking animatedly about literally everything. But that's okay, he can literally talk about a rusty trash can and I would still listen as if it was the most interesting thing in the world, probably smiling like a lovestruck teenager.

Because that's exactly what I feel like, a lovestruck teenager.

For example, we've been holding hands a lot since we made up. We're not holding hands right now -I let go with a lot of aversions because we needed our hands to eat- and every time our hands accidentally brush against each other when we walk, jolts of electricity shoot up my arm and my cheeks heat up rapidly. It's almost as if I can finally act on my feelings towards him, now that we both confessed.

That, and there wasn't a lot to feel giddy about until now.

"Yah! Minjae!" Felix suddenly yells in my ear, causing me to jump in surprise.

I quickly glance up, only to find the orange-haired boy looking at me with an amused expression. When I look around, I find many others staring at us, probably wondering why Felix suddenly yelled like that. But as they find out that it's nothing interesting, they shrug it off and continue whatever they were doing before Felix interrupted the peace.

"W-What?" I stutter, still a bit taken aback.

"I asked what you wanted to eat next but you were totally spacing out," Felix jokes,  still looking at me with that amused glint in his eyes. I can see that he's about to make a joke but it's obvious that he isn't too sure about it. Eventually, he just shrugs it off.

"So what do you want to eat next?"

I think for a moment, trying to shake off the embarrassment from having too many pairs of eyes on me just a minute ago. So I focus on the many food stalls surrounding the plaza instead before one of my favorites catches my eye.

"That one sells delicious street ramen," I excitedly exclaim, pointing towards the small wooden stall. It is true, I've visited this place countless times already, just to get a carton of ramen there.

"Okay, I was actually craving ramen so let's go," Felix agrees, hooking his arm through mine and dragging me along. I can't help but smile widely as everything seems to be melting back to how things were before.

It's going so fast, now that I think about it. The first part of our date was really awkward and we both obviously had no idea what to say, do or act. But eventually, that wore off and before we both knew it, we were already talking and laughing without a care in the world. Even the level of skinship surprises me. I guess it's what happens after being such close friends for a while; you'll need more than a little manipulation to fully separate us and it's easier to restore that bond when you have a strong foundation.