31

Nearly out of breath, I lift my hand to ring Minho's doorbell. But right as I'm about to do so, the door opens and Minho's mom appears in the doorway, a few empty shopping bags and the car keys in her hands. We stare at each other for a moment, surprised by seeing the other while we weren't expecting it.

"Minjae? It's been a while since I've seen you," his mom speaks up first, a smile making its way to her features. "How are you doing? Were you in a hurry?"

"Ah- hello," I quickly greet her, giving the woman a small bow. "I'm fine, thank you. I actually came here to tell Minho something."

"Well, I won't be in your way then. Are you staying for dinner? It's been a while since you visited us. Plus, maybe you can get Minho to talk about something else than Jisung, my boy is whipped," she adds with a small grin. 

I hesitate for a moment, but then I remember the cooking skills of Minho's mom and I quickly nod. "That's okay, thank you. I'm looking forward to your cooking," I blurt out, only to cover my mouth afterward because I wasn't planning to say that out loud.

Mrs. Lee just laughs before stepping out of the doorway and ushering me inside. Then she bids her goodbye and the front door closes. I nearly forgot the reason why I ran here as my life depended on it but as I find Minho sitting at the kitchen table. He drops his phone on the wooden surface as I approach him and sit down in a chair opposite of him.

"Apparently, I'm staying for dinner," I announce and a slight chuckle escapes the older's lips before his expression turns serious again. He gives me a pointed look and I sigh, conjuring a serious expression as well.

"What did you mean by bingo?" Minho inquires.

"I stole Soojae's phone and saw she texted Jangmi to meet her in thirty minutes so I followed her," I explain. "It was kinda cool, I really felt like an FBI dude following- okay, I'm sorry. I missed the first part of their conversation and I left before they finished because I didn't want to get caught. But I think I have something interesting."

I take out my phone and show the older the recorded file. "I think this is something useful."

His eyes widen and I smile smugly. After weeks of not being able to do anything, this recording might serve as a breakthrough in our advantage. If I play the game right, this can definitely bring us a step closer to getting Felix back.

Minho snatches the phone from my hand and doesn't waste any time to play the recording.

"--your little sister find out?" Jangmi's voice starts.

"No, she's not that smart," Soojae's voice replies and I ignore the little pang of anger because that's bullshit. I really think Minho and I did quite a good job until now, with suspicions and theories.

"Then what did you call me here for?" the other girl asks, sounding slightly annoyed. "You sounded desperate and I had to ditch Felix for this. You better make it worth."

"Jangmi, you have what you wanted," my sister retorts, suddenly sounding angry. "I fucking broke my own sister to separate her from Felix so you could have him. I did everything you asked, now delete that video."

There's a moment of silence.

Jangmi's laughter comes out of my speakers. "No, did you really think I would delete the video afterward? You're stupid, Soojae. Maybe you'll betray me if I delete it and then I have nothing. I'm keeping it." Her tone is amused. "Blackmail is always a nice thing to have, don't you think? I have to thank you, though. Felix is even more fun up close."

"You promised me to delete it once I did what you asked," my sister snaps.

"Oop. Never trust the bad girl," Jangmi casually remarks, another chuckle leaving her mouth.