30

The weekend after the encounter with Hyunjin, I decided to tail Soojae as much as I could without being suspicious. Minho offered to help me but I figured it would be more suspicious if he did so I decided to decline his offer, even though it would've made things a lot easier.

My parents are gone again and both Soojae and I are sitting in the living room, watching another episode of her favorite kdrama. Well, Soojae's eyes are fixated on the show on TV while I'm playing on my phone, sitting as far away from her as I can. I hate being inside the same room as her, it makes me feel angry and really uncomfortable at the same time. But it has to be done and I know that; it's all for the sake of getting Felix back and kicking Jangmi off her icy throne.

I cringe as a heavy fight between a couple starts on the screen, with a lot of yelling and cursing back and forth. My interest in kdramas really subsided over the past few weeks and I especially avoid them when they have a huge amount of romance and drama in it. Watching them only triggers unwanted emotions and I try to pay no attention to the scene that's currently playing.

Yet, I keep thinking back to the confrontations I've had with Felix in the meantime and my mood instantly drops. I glare at the screen with a sour expression, watching the boy forcefully pushing the girl away from him, causing her to fall to the ground.

"It's all your fault," the male lead spits. "I hope I never see you again."

With that, the episode comes to an end and I lifelessly stare at the phone in my hand. A rustling sound reverts my attention to my sister, who shuts off the TV before jumping up from the couch and leaving the living room. I'm about to slump back in my chair but then I find her cellphone lying on the coffee table.

My heart hammers in my chest as I slowly get up from my chair and tiptoe towards the coffee table. I slowly reach out to grab Soojae's phone, ignoring the anxiety that turns my throat dry and makes it hard to swallow. Hoping for the best, I enter her old password and surprisingly, I gain access to her phone.

She's not the smartest, huh? Leaving her phone alone with the same password.

Te first thing I open is her messaging app and surely, the first thing for me to see is a conversation with Jangmi. After listening to make sure my sister isn't coming back, I open the chat. But to my disappointment, it's nearly empty. Except for one message, everything is deleted.

Meet me at the corner of dangeku-daero at four pm, my sister sent her half an hour ago. Sadly, all the older messages seem to be deleted.

I quickly lock her phone again, placing it back in exactly the same position before I tiptoe back to the chair I was in. A mere minute later, my sister returns to the living room and sinks down on the couch again. She doesn't even look at me and I think she didn't notice me taking her phone. I glance over at the clock on the wall, seeing that it's half past three already.

It's almost showtime, huh?

"Hey, sis. I'm going out for a bit," my sister reluctantly tells me after a few minutes.

"Good riddance," I snap back, not even bothering to look up from my phone.

Soojae just looks at me bitterly before she walks out of the living room again and I wait a moment before I stand up as well. I hear the front door closing and I curse under my breath. Shit, she's fast. Quickly, I slip on an easy pair of sneakers before I head outside. Following her isn't even necessary because I know very well where dangeku-daero is. But following her just seems like a better plan, for good reasons. Dangeku-daero has multiple corners and I don't want to pick the wrong corner and miss this.

I keep a fair distance from my sister, pulling up the hood of my sweater -isn't that what they do in movies? I keep my eyes on the ground and all I can do is hoping that she won't notice me. I think I'm fucked if she finds out I'm following her.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she would just hand me over to Jangmi and leaves me to her mercy.