32

"So, this is the plan. You're coming over for dinner tomorrow and as soon as Soojae shows up, we corner her and confront her. It sounded like she doesn't like Jangmi that much so maybe she's willing to switch sides and-"

I heave out a deep sigh, ending my own rambling. We've been upstairs in Minho's room far awhile, discussing plans out of his mother's earshot because the lesser people that know about this drama, the better.

It's simple. Too simple. Judging from the older's skeptical look, he's thinking the same. But it's the only thing we could come up with in the time span of an hour. We're high school students, not clever investigators of some sort. I'm afraid this is the best we can do.

"But the plan is fairly simple, do I really have to come?" Minho questions. "Not like I don't want to but wouldn't my presence make it more suspicious?"

I think about his statement for a moment but then I lightly shake my head. "No, I don't think it would. You're my only friend now, and she knows that. I don't think she knows about all our efforts to get Felix back -unless Jangmi told her, but for some reason I don't think she did."

The boy nods in agreement and with a small grin, I add, "plus, I need you to make scary faces if she doesn't want to cooperate."

Minho snorts, pretending to be offended as he looks away. Well, I can't really help it that his neutal expression is already terrifying. Imagine what he looks like if he would put some effort into it.

If Minho would glare at me, I would just cut my losses and hope he isn't going to kill me or something.

"Okay, all jokes aside," the older then states, a serious expression already back on his features. "There's no guarantee this plan will work. I would be surprised if it's going to be this easy. What are we going to do if Soojae doesn't spill anything?"

"I don't know," I honestly admit with another sigh. "This is all I could come up with tonight and I just hope it will work. But I guess my backup plan contains murder?"

Minho lightly shakes his head but despite of the current situation, there's amusement in his eyes.

"Your jokes are coming back, Min. It was pretty quiet without them so that's a good thing."

I shoot the other a dark look and with a grin, I ask, "who said I was joking, Minho? I want nothing more than to avada kedavra the heck out of that snake."

"Fair enough," Minho mutters, watching how I impatiently start to spin around in his desk chair. I can't help it, whenever I sit down on a chair that can spin, I spin. There's no such thing as sitting still.  Especially now, when the nerves are eating me alive.

Minho's questions really linger in my mind, though. What are we going to do when Soojae refuses to talk? In order to get Felix back, we need to unveil all the secrets that took him away in the first place and that chain just happens to begin with my sister. If she isn't going to say anything, there's no hope for finding out how to get closer to our former best friend.

There might be other ways but this is as far as my high school brain goes at this moment. Of course, we can change our game and play it as dirty as Jangmi does. But that's an option I rather ignore. Firstly, because I don't want to lower myself to Jangmi's level and secondly, I don't want Felix to be tossed between two sides like a meaningless toy.

Maybe it really comes to that. Maybe the only way to fight this fire is to use fire as well. If it really comes that far, are Minho and I willing to do that? This situation already escalated so much, I don't want to end up in a war of blackmail and backstabbing.

But, would I do it for Felix?

"Minjae, you're spacing out again," Minho casually remarks, snapping me out of my thoughts.