24

The next day, going to school was a struggle. It's as if it all started over again and I hated it. I don't have any classes with Felix today so that's not it. I just feel so conflicted and I don't really know what to do at this point. Ignoring the situation doesn't work, but confrontation doesn't either.

I can't even focus on class anymore. Felix is all that occupies my mind. I really hate my sister for starting this mess. Why would she want to do this to her little sister? I just want to go back to how it was before, with Felix at my side. Of course, I like my new friends, too but no one can ever replace Felix. Maybe I tried to get to that point, the past week. But it's impossible, I know that now.

Luckily, I made it to lunch break. Hopefully Chan, Minho and Changbin can distract me a little. Usually, I forget about my problems during lunch break thanks to them and today, I might need it a little more.

I guess I'm just having a bad day, huh? 

At this moment, I'm leaning against Minho's locker, waiting for the older to arrive. It has become a habit, probably because I feel better if I don't have to enter the cafeteria alone with the risk of running into Felix again. But the boy is taking his sweet time and the locker hall gradually grows more crowded. I'm about to pause the video I'm watching and take my leave but a voice stops me.

"Minjae, sweetie, you're standing in front of my locker, can you move?" someone asks, their voice sickeningly sweet and dripping with fakeness.

I turn around and lock eyes with a sweetly smiling Jangmi.

"Oh, this is your locker? That must be why smells so bad here," I huff, covering my nose with my hand. I'm trying my best to keep my cool but meanwhile, my blood is boiling.

Jangmi innocently cocks her head to the side. "No, no. That must've happened after you got here."

"Mmm, maybe you should go to the infirmary to check your stuffy nose, I'm pretty sure the smell was here before I was," I shoot back, mimicking her gesture and lightly tilting my head to the side.

"Whatever, can you move aside? Someone is waiting for me," Jangmi then states, her innocent demeanor faltering as she lets a smirk shine through.

I just glare at her, taking a deep breath. Don't get angry, Minjae. Don't do anything stupid, that's exactly what she wants. But oh, how much I want to be the one to wipe that ugly smirk from her pretty face.

"Cat got your tongue, Minjae?" the girl then asks, putting back her innocent facade. But the glint in her eyes remains. "What I ask you isn't that hard, just move. Not really smart, aren't we? No wonder Felix doesn't want you anymore."

That's it.

That's one step too far.

A low growl escapes my throat as I lunge forward, more than ready to mess up her face once and for all. To my satisfaction, her eyes widen and I can clearly see a hint of fear in them as she staggers backward. Her shoulder collides with one of the lockers and she hisses in pain.

But before I can reach the girl, two strong arms wrap around me from behind. My body loses its momentum and my fist only grazes Jangmi's jaw lightly before I land against someone's chest. Instinctively, I try to break free. I can't even think clearly; that girl went too far and all I see is red.

My heart beats profusely as the person behind me makes hushing sounds, attempting to calm me down. But it's no use, the anger within me only increases as Jangmi starts to laugh once she knows she's safe.

"You're pathetic, Minjae," Jangmi chuckles, rubbing her sore shoulder. "I hope Felix saw all that, to see what you're really like. He already knows, though."

"I did," a soft voice interferes, a certain orange-haired boy separating itself from the crowd that has formed around us. The new smirk that forms on Jangmi's face makes me do another attempt to break free and I struggle to loosen the grip on my waist. But whatever I do, the arms wouldn't budge and I grow frustrated, my breaths now coming out erratic.

"Min, calm down," the voice from behind whispers in a soothing way and I finally recognize it as Minho. I close my eyes for a moment, trying to calm my breathing for the sake of my friend.

Felix looks everywhere but at me during the entire ordeal but as Jangmi chuckles and I let out another growl, the boy finally looks up. A hint of sadness flashes through his eyes, but it's gone as fast as it appeared. Then he softly bites his lower lip.

"Minjae, just move, okay?" he mutters, his voice cracking ever so slightly.

Something else snaps in me upon hearing his words and with one harsh movement, I free myself from Minho's arms. However, I don't attack Jangmi, like my original plan was. Instead, I send a furious glare towards Felix before I look the snake herself in the eye.

"You sure trained your new dog well, huh?" I sneer, taking a step forward.

It's not even my plan to land another punch but still, Minho's hand catches my wrist and he starts to drag me away from the scene. But not without turning around, giving Felix a resentful look.

"I hope you're happy now, Lix," the older spits before we mingle with the surprised crowd that formed in the locker hall.

He drags me all the way through the hallways while I frantically try to calm myself. My heart is pounding against my ribcage, the wave of anger inside of me unfamiliar. I don't know what the fuck just happened but I do know that I've never been this angry before. The way my blood is boiling, how my breathing is jagged, the intense feeling of hate I feel towards that girl now.

Minho leads me to the rooftop and only lets go of me once the door is closed. As the fresh air hits me, so do my senses. I already suspected it but the way Jangmi acted confirms it; she definitely has something to do with this and at this point, I don't think she and my sister are strangers.

It starts to feel like one big set-up but why would they do something like that? If Soojae and Jangmi are involved, who else is? Can I trust Chan? Changbin? Or is that girl out to ruin that, too? Why is she playing with my life like that?

"I'm gonna murder that bitch," I hiss, gritting my teeth in anger.

"I figured, that's why I was holding you back," Minho sarcastically replies but it's clear that he's worked up as well. "You're already in enough trouble for skipping so many classes, a fight would've made even a bigger mess."

"You're right," I mutter, sinking to the ground and resting my back against the fence surrounding the roof. "Maybe I shouldn't murder her. Not on school grounds, at least."

"I have a better idea," Minho offers and I look at him curiously.

"We're going to find out what's going on. Didn't you see Felix expression? Something is off here, I just know it. We're going to take her down, Minjae. I want our Felix back and I know you feel the same, whether you want to admit it or not."

Thinking about his words, I slowly nod a few times. I don't know about the Felix part yet, but Choi Jangmi is definitely going down. I don't know how, I don't know when. I don't even know if we're going to succeed. But the burning hatred towards her still boils in my veins and I want my revenge.

If I have to rip Felix away from her to achieve that, so be it.

"If she wants a war, she can get one," I hiss, and a small smile plays on Minho's lips.

"Let's do this."

--

True Friends by BMTH was playing while I was writing this and I was like ;0

totally irrelevant, I know