13

Once.

I tried talking to Felix once since the conversation I had with Minho.

I know he told me to keep it low but I couldn't help it. When I saw him standing in an empty hallway, leaning against a wall with his hands in his pockets, I just approached him cautiously but as soon as I softly called his name, he whipped out his phone, plugged in his earbuds and walked off. 

Of course I saw it coming, but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt. It did, a lot.

School was a living disaster these past few days and even though Minho told me not to worry too much yet, I couldn't help the anxiety that kept growing and growing until it came to a point where I felt nauseous and retreated to the rooftop once again.

I was forced to watch how Felix and Jangmi grew incredibly close in such a short span of time. For some reason, they were always around, laughing and having fun right in front of me. While I was alone, of course. Felix didn't even give me a single glance, not even accidentally.

The hopes of fixing our friendship gradually died down and I've come to a point where I'm about to accept the fact that I lost my best friend. It's Friday and I believe Minho's talking to him right now, after he waited for an entire hour for Felix' last class to finish. He asked me to stay but I never declined something so fast and went home right away.

Sighing deeply, I push the key into the lock and open the front door to my house, feeling a sense of relief as I close it behind me again. This week was terrible and I know it's going to be hard if my school life is like this from now on. Maybe I can get used to it, seeing him and Jangmi together all day. Maybe I can't and it will hurt until somehow, we separate ways en never see each other again.

I never would've thought this would escalate so much.

I mindlessly throw my bag into a corner of the hallway before I enter the living room, where I find my sister in front of the TV. I know Minho told me to avoid her a little less to see if she says something that either confirms or denies our suspicions but she didn't say anything helpful at all. It's like the Felix-thing completely left her mind; she didn't mention it, not even indirect.

The urge to turn around and ignore her is strong and as I take a minute to contemplate what to do, she suddenly calls out to me. I look up to see her approaching me and she casually leans against the back of a chair, worry etched on her features.

"Hey, Minho told me that you and Felix-" she starts but I give her a glare that makes her shut her mouth immediately.

So this is the game she wants to play, huh? A game filled with lies and fake sympathy, hoping that I would be stupid enough to fall for it. Well, two can play a game and I'm playing one that she isn't going to like.

"Listen, sis," I say sweetly, mustering up my best fake smile as I look at her. "You know how I did you a favor, right? Can you do me a favor, too? It would reaaally help me."

Soojae gives me a confused look and I quickly wipe the smile off my face.

"From now on, don't talk to me anymore. Wait, just don't come near me at all, even better. You've ruined enough and I think it's safe to say I kind of hate you right now. Leave me alone."

Without awaiting her reaction, I whirl around and slam the door shut behind me. There's a small part of me that feels satisfied, I actually wanted to do this right after Felix ran away from me but then Minho asked me to keep an eye on her. Maybe I screwed up even more but some things just need to be done. There's no way things are still okay between us after what she did and I don't want her to think that we still have a normal sister-relationship after this.