42

The hallways eventually grow empty again and it isn't long before Minho and I are alone. I can't help but feel a little nervous as I play on my phone, not really paying attention to the game. I keep shifting my weight from one foot to another, as if it would actually distract me from the worries and concerns that fill my head. It might look like we're almost there but there's still a lot that can go wrong. Especially since Minho's plan contains some risks.

The older doesn't seem nervous at all, completely opposite of me. His composure is relaxed, using his shoulder to lean against the wall comfortably. His eyes linger over the screen of his phone, the corners of his mouth occasionally curling up into a small smile. My guess is that he's probably scrolling through instragram or chatting with Jisung or whatever makes him happy.

He should really give me some of his chill.

For the umpteenth time, I glance over at the wooden door that leads to the principal's office, which has been closed ever since we got here. That means he's still inside and Felix and Hyunjin didn't do their part of the plan yet.

Or it simply isn't working, that might be it, too.

It's up to them to cause a scene somewhere in the school, as far away from the office as possible. They came up with the idea to fake a fight, first verbally but if needed, make it physical -even though I'm frantically hoping that it doesn't have to get that far. Then, Hyunjin would demand to speak to the principal, acting as if he's infuriated about something.

My biggest concern is that the principal just demands the two boys in his office and Minho and I don't even have the chance to perform our part of the plan. If it fails, we will have to try again later and I feel like the more times we have to act, the more suspicious it will grow.

Then, a small group of girls passes the corner, frantically whispering about something. Giggles fill the air, causing Minho to glance up from his phone screen with a small frown. I decide to ignore their presence but when I catch a few bits of their conversations, my eyes widen immediately.

"I still can't believe that Hwang Hyunjin really hung Lee Felix on his locker using his underwear," one of the girls exclaims, talking a bit too loudly for it to be casual gossip. 

Hyunjin what?

Next to me, Minho nearly cracks up, quickly hiding his surprised laughter behind his hand.

"What? No! I overheard someone saying it was a love confession, isn't that cute?" another girl adds, drawing a squeal from another girl in her clique.

But another one shakes her head, outing a sound of dismay. "Believe me, I was there. It was definitely a wedgie."

Minho and I exchange a quick look and now he looks a bit concerned as well.

Slowly, the voices disappear further into the hallways and the older sighs audibly.

"So this is what happens when you let those two plan something, huh?" he mutters.

Slowly nodding, I add, "I wonder whose plan it was."

As the raven-haired is about to answer, the door to the principal's office swings open and the man himself steps out, a sour expression plastered on his face. When he finds us leaning against the wall, his eyebrows jump slightly and he comes to a halt in front of us.

"Say, aren't you two supposed to be in class?" he inquires, glancing at us suspiciously.

"We are, sir. We were just checking our schedules because we have no idea what our next class is," Minho politely explains, showing his phone screen to the principal. Surprisingly, it really shows the older's schedule and the man's face obviously relaxes.