10

The original plan was to skip one class and come back to my senses on the rooftop, far away from Felix and others their judging gazes. But during the remaining time of my first class, I didn't feel okay at all and skipping one class quickly turned to skip two classes and later, not showing up to my morning classes at all. Even though I don't share those classes with Felix, I just couldn't bring myself to go down and attend class as I should be doing.

So instead, I just spent my time here up on the rooftop. I tried everything to get my mind off things, from counting clouds that flew by to listening to music. Even listening to music didn't work at all, it got to a point where the melodies started to annoy me even more and that never happened before. Not even listening to N.Flying's Rooftop while being on an actual rooftop was helping, while I can usually appreciate ironic things like that.

After hours of trying to do something, I just settled with doing nothing. Thinking about whatever had happened and what's going to happen from now on was the only thing I could focus on, apparently.

I guess it must be somewhere around lunch break now. I can hear the faint voices of students wandering over the campus. The amount of voices grows quickly and I can only guess that's because students start to litter the school grounds to eat their lunch. I haven't checked my phone ever since I gave up on listening to music; it's just idly resting on the bag that's laying next to me. It's like I don't even have the energy to grab it to check the time, I feel defeated.

It's not even that bad; being up here on my own made me realize that this isn't a hopeless case yet. It's still possible to fix this but it all depends on how I approach it. The only issue is, I have zero experience with fights and my social skills aren't the strongest, either. How does one fix this?

After spending another moment of staring off into the distance while listening to the soft chatter coming from far below me, my phone suddenly comes to life, vibrating and buzzing violently. My heart skips a beat, a tiny spark of hope igniting as I reach out to grab the device. 

But I sigh as I read the caller ID. Of course, he won't call me. What am I even thinking?

 Meanie Minhoe 💙  the screen reads instead, accompanied by a picture of him trying to steal my phone from me in hopes to prevent me from taking a picture.

Usually, I would chuckle upon seeing his contact name with the little blue heart behind it. That blue heart is mostly because he was offended, complaining that Meanie Minhoe sounds like I can't stand him at all.

As revenge, Minho saved me as Meanie Meanjae, without a blue heart.

It's a stupid story and it would usually bring at least a little smile to my face. But yeah, clearly not after everything that happened. Sighing, I swipe my finger over the red phone symbol, declining his call. Rude, I know that. But I'm not in the mood to talk with anyone right now.

Okay, on second thought, maybe it would've been nice to talk to him. But after upright declining his call, there's no way I'm calling him back. He's probably with Felix anyway, and I have to prepare a lot first before I'm facing him again.

Already deep in thought, I let my back rest against the fence, ignoring the discomfort the iron gauze causes. My guess earlier was correct and it's indeed lunch break. That means there's a slight risk of maybe one or two groups of students coming here to eat but I can deal with that.

As expected, the door that separates the staircase from the rooftop opens but only a single person enters the roof, glancing around until their eyes land on me. To my surprise, it's Minho who approaches me. His expression is serious and the solemn look in his eyes doesn't falter as he throws his bag next to mine and squats down.