34

"That's actually pathetic," I snort in disbelief, randomly stabbing the air with a chopstick in pure frustration. "At this point, I couldn't care less about the mistakes you made but it's the fact that I'm the one who has to pay for it that stings."

Minho softly kicks my feet from under the table, urging me to stay quiet for a second. I quickly purse my lips and stay silent, relying on the older to settle this with a little more sense and a little fewer emotions.

"I don't think I need to tell you how fucking stupid that is because that's pretty obvious," the raven-haired boy starts, his tone laced with disapproval. "The good thing about a blackmail video is that it's pretty easy to get rid of. If you want to get rid of Jangmi, that is."

Minho looks at Soojae with a searching look and my sister nods earnestly. 

"Yeah, I do want to get rid of her."

Suddenly, I understand what he's getting at and I hold my breath as I observe my sister, pretty eager to see her reaction to Minho's plan. I can see my sister growing nervous as well. She, too, realizes that there's no pretty way to settle the giant mishap she made. But really, what did she expect? That she could just steal money and get away with it like nothing ever happened?

"Then it's simple," Minho shrugs. "Confess to everyone that needs to know and the video will be useless. And just like that, Jangmi will have nothing on you anymore. Just like that, poof. All the blackmail material is gone. It's up to you."

Even though we didn't really accomplish anything yet, I already feel like hugging the life out of the boy next to me. Lee Minho, you're a freaking genius and if you use your brain to fix this entire mess, you're my hero forever.

While I'm growing happier with every second, Soojae is clearly uncomfortable. She shifts in her chair restlessly, back and forth, while she is obviously letting her mind run over Minho's words. Even though the boy doesn't show it, I just know he has to be nervous as well. I mean, this may or may not be the huge turning point in this entire situation.

If everything goes right, this is the beginning of the end of Jangmi.

It all depends on my older sister now.

The silence drags on way too long and while Minho might be patient, I'm definitely not. It isn't long before I'm just as restless as my sister, fidgeting with one of my chopsticks to a point where even Minho gives me a glare that tells me to stop doing that. So I let out an inaudible sigh instead, fighting the urge to push my sister for an answer.

But when I really can't take it anymore, I just give up. 

"You know, while you're at it, you can also tell us how you got Felix to believe Jangmi so easily," I dryly remark, giving my sister a pointed look. "I refuse to believe that overhearing our conversation was enough to drop me and shut me out like that."

"Yeah, about that..." Soojae sighs, running her hand through her hair. "It's crazy, I highly doubt you'll believe what she did to get Felix. She went through great lengths. Literally, all the trouble she went through just to get you away from him, it was insane."

"I'm kinda curious now, too," Minho admits, narrowing his eyes. "Just spill it."

"Well then, okay. You already hate me anyway so it doesn't really matter, huh?" my older sister humorlessly chuckles. "It all started weeks before the thing between you and Felix happened. She forced me to gather all kinds of stuff, from random recordings of your voice to screenshots of conversations between us. First, she attempted to create some fake recordings using the voice messages I sent her, trying to make it sound like you were talking about Felix as if he was nothing but a game to you. But that didn't work out; her editing skills were okay but fortunately not that good."