25

The remaining hours of school were a total disaster. I was in a permanent sphere of anger and sadness, especially when Minho and I had to go separate ways after lunch and I was alone for the rest of the day. Focusing on the teachers was an impossible task and it got worse with every class. Because somehow, Jangmi showed up between classes every single time, sending me nasty smirks while Felix seemed to shrink in size next to her as I glared at them. It was so obvious that she was trying to provoke me to attack her or something.

Like I said before; if I murder her, I'm doing it far away from the school grounds.

I actually wanted to skip classes for the rest of the day but when I brought that up, I ended up getting a huge scolding from Minho. And believe me, Minho is scary when he switches to that stern protective mode, awfully similar to a mom's. So I promised him I wouldn't skip class, just going there for attendance and not for the lectures.

In the end, I survived my day and went home, forcefully pushing my way past Jangmi on my way out. To my satisfaction, she tripped over a trash can and I hope she bumped her head extra hard on that nice wall.

That bitch can choke on a fucking stick and disappear to neverland.

When I got home, I found my mom preparing dinner in the kitchen while my dad was reading the newspaper at the kitchen table. Soojae was, once again, away from home and I couldn't care less. We don't talk anymore, not at all. She can choke on a stick as well.

Dinner itself was really quiet; no one really said something. Maybe my anger was tangible in the atmosphere because my parents kept stealing glances at me. But no one asked what was wrong and I'm glad they didn't. That would've been the start of a loooong rant and I would say things that I'd regret later. When I'm angry, I really prefer to be left alone about it. The only people I rant to when I'm upset were Felix and Minho so for now, Minho is the only one with the honor of hearing my darkest thoughts -or the burden.

The only thing they spoke about during dinner was another business trip, and they're leaving tomorrow. Soojae keeps disappearing as well so I'm most likely home alone for god knows how long. It just left me wondering; why did everyone leave me, all of a sudden? 

But after a few hours of thinking, the idea of being alone seemed kind of... pleasant. When you're alone, there's no one to hurt you. It's kind of safe, I guess.

Right now, it's past 10.30pm and I'm sitting in the living room. The original plan was to watch TV with my parents to enjoy the last night of having them here before they would be gone for I don't know how long. But I keep zoning out, to a point where it started to piss me off. Instead, I started to play on my phone. But then, my mom calls out to me.

"Minjae, sweetie, can you go to the convenience store for me?" she asks, turning off the TV -earning a loud protest from my dad- and leaving the couch. "I still need some things but I have to pack my suitcase for the trip. If you don't want to, it's-"

"No, it's fine, I'll go," I quickly reply, the idea of going out for a while very welcoming. The 7eleven is only a few minutes away from my home so I'm not afraid that anything might happen even though it's already late; I live in a good neighborhood. I visit the store a lot, sometimes even after midnight, when I have a sudden craving for food.

"Thank you," my mom smiles softly. "I need a pack of AA cell batteries, a new flashlight, and some luggage tags even though I doubt they sell them there," she sums up and I quickly nod.

"I'll be going then, just transfer the money to my bank account later," I announce before I walk out of the living room. I slip on an easy pair of sneakers and grab a thin denim jacket from the coat rack before I make my way outside.

The cool late-night air feels pleasant on my skin and I can't help but sigh in delight. The nights after a fairly hot day are the best, a bit of the temperature still lingering in the sultry air but mingled with the deep darkness. I just like the empty yet deep atmosphere that remains, mysterious yet satisfying. It's weird, I know. But it makes me feel at ease.

I expected it to be quiet on the streets but much to my surprise, I can hear music playing in the distance. Judging from the sound, it's insanely loud and audible from a distance and I can only guess some idiot is hosting a party. But who hosts a party on a Thursday night?  Whoever it is, seriously lacks some common sense and I bet one of the schools in this area is missing some students tomorrow.

Not bothering to think about it any longer, I stuff my hands in the pockets of my jacket and continue my way down the road. The 7eleven is already in sight and I can already see the many colorful items behind the clear windows. I immediately make a mental note to grab some snacks for myself as well.

A bell rings as I push open the door and a flickering tube light greets me. The light has been broken for months now but apparently, no one cares enough to fix it. Not much to my surprise, I'm the only customer in the store. The only person I can find is a tired-looking boy behind the counter, seeming to be around my age. He doesn't even glance up at the bell and I wouldn't be surprised if he's asleep because the lollipop in his hands seems awfully idle.

That boy should be grateful that I'm a good person. If I want to, I could just snatch what I need and leave without paying, which would surely result in the guy losing his job. If I would've been in a better mood, I might've done something to scare him a little. You know, just to make sure he doesn't fall asleep again and the shop ends up completely raided or something.

But I'm not in a good mood so he's lucky.

I lazily make my way through the isles, grabbing a pack of batteries and a flashlight before I move to the next one. As expected, they don't have any luggage tags so they'll have to do without. Lastly, I make my way to the snack isle, ignoting the repeatedly flickering light in my peripheral vision. With my free hand, I reach out to grab a bag of chips, an XL chocolate bar because I'm sad and a bottle of coke before I make my way over to the cash desk.

I dump the items on the counter and the boy doesn't even flinch. My suspicions were right; he's fast asleep. Sighing, I rap my knuckles on the wooden counter, hoping to wake the brown-haired boy like that. He mutters something incoherent but his eyes remain closed.

"You know, if you don't wake up, I'm just going to steal these because I kind of need them and I don't really feel like standing here all night," I impatiently explain, giving the boy a strange look when he still doesn't show any signs of waking up. My eyes wander to the boy's name tag and I shrug before taking a deep breath.

"Yah! Jung Jinsung!" I exclaim, harshly slamming my hands down on the counter.

With a loud shriek, the boy jolts awake. He drops the lollipop in the progress as he stares at me with wide eyes. Then, he quickly fixes him composure and glances at me nervously. "Ah, I-I'm sorry," he mutters.

"It's okay," I say with a small smile. It wasn't my intention the scare him that much and I don't want to leave the boy behind with a trauma of some sort. His face is still pretty pale and I might regret scaring him like that a tiny little bit.

He quickly scans the products on the counter and I hand him the requested money. Then the boy hands me a plastic bag with my items and with a small thank you, I turn around and leave the store.

--

I know this ending was very random but I had to split the chapter in two because it would've been over 3000 words, which is completely out of balance with the other chapters. So yeah, another filler chapter lol.

Jinsung won't have a role in the story but I wanted to include ma baby ;_; (and I needed a name for the cashier and his part in a song came up)

(Omg I really trolled y'all thinking it was Hyunjin hehehe)