Jack Wilder | Now You See Me

CAGED DEVIL [1/2]

Requested By: None

Origin: Now You See Me

Genre: 💙

Warnings: Blue Heart Warning!

--

One room, five people, five cards.

That's how it was set out.

The High Priestess.

The Hermit.

The Lover.

The Devil.

And Death.

These five cards leading to great fates, and unbeknownst to all, five great people.

I remember that day like the back of my hand, like the tarot I carried in my wallet; the day I became a Horseman.

Though that was around three years ago. A lot has happened since then, and now here I sit, caged in a prison cell, as my card had predicted.

I'm not an amateur, though I do tend to be a bit impulsive. That's what got me here; impulse. My impulse to go after my burning boyfriend. My impulse to put his life before mine.

And all for nothing it seemed to be.

I remember how as his car flipped on that bridge my heart broke. I broke.

How I ran without care to the car, how I was pulled away from the fiery wreck, how just before the handcuffs where clasped on my wrists I caught a glimpse of someone I didn't know, someone sitting in the drivers seat.

All for nothing.

And now I sit, rotting in a cell, mourning over a life that didn't need saving, wondering why I wasn't informed of the deadly plot.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I look up from my down casted interior monologue, curious as to who would disturb me.

My eyes met with a face I knew too well, the face of Dylan Rhodes, the man who put me behind bars.

"Long time no see, [Y/n]." His ever dull voice rings through the room.

"What do you want." I spit, quickly building my guard up and glaring at him from its high barriers.

"My horsemen back together."

--

Leaning against the table, the hood of my leather bomber jacket hiding my face, I barely listen to Lula's idle chattering.

"That's her." A familiar voice calls from on top of the stairs, I didn't have to look up to know that Atlas was the one who spoke, or that Jack and Merritt are also with him.

"They're here! They're here." Lula excitedly whispers, turning to me and shaking my shoulders from behind. I felt myself tense up, desperately trying to override the reflexes I had acquired in prison.

"Careful, love. I'm not exactly the safest person." I mumble, relaxing a little as she turns her attention back to the three men on the platform above.

"I'm the new horsemen! The female horsemen." Her enthusiastic voice rings out again.

"We don't need another horsemen, let alone two newbies, you both should go home." Atlas states from his heightened position, acting all smug as though he is some sort of leader.

"One newbie." Dylan corrects, from my place facing away from the all I can feel his stare, and soon the stare of everyone else as they await an introduction.

"C'mon jailbird, show your wings!" Lula cheers as she pulls down my hood, an audible gasp is heard and I already know that it came from Jack.

I turn to them flashing a sarcastic smile and exaggerated salute, turning to Lula, "Don't call me that, doll."

"[Y-Y/n]!?" Jack pretty much squeaked.

"Thought you were doing hard time mate, how'd you get out?" Merritt seems a little less suprised yet overall intrigued.

"Little Angel, got himself the good boy pass, I see." Atlas mocks, typical.

"Actually the opposite, Atlas. He beat a guy half to death with nothing but a plastic tray." Dylan once again corrects him, to which he sulks slightly. Though I didn't give a smug smirk, being here with my old teammates, old lover, is taking its toll on me.

Lula pats me on the arm in understanding, since Dylan had came to my cell a few short months ago, Lula and I had became fast friends.

Jack's Pov

I watch the close gesture exchange between [Y/n] and Lula, jealousy bubbling inside of me. I never stopped loving him, I was devastated when he was dragged away in cuffs.

Now he was back, with Lula clinging to his arm as though it's a lifeline.

I had messed up a perfect relationship, messed up a perfect person, and now I'm not the one at his side.

I'm seething with jealousy and it's all my fault.

------
Oooooooof

Part 2?

I'm sorry it doesn't have a happy-go-lucky ending, but then again this is life suckers, nothing does.

One of the longest ones I've done though.

Have you noticed I changed all the medias again?

Well anyway, enjoy~