Rin Okumura | Blue Exorcist

CAT SITTING

Requested by: FlippinSophie_YeetSt

Origin: Blue Exorcist

Genre: ❤

Warnings: None

--

[M/n] [L/n], the definition of a bad boy. Tall, handsome and cold in nature. Truly a feared soul amongst the students of the cram school.

Not even Shiemi and her sweet self could tame this beast and become friends with him. So everyone in the class avoided him, better that than be in the path of his deathly glares.

The [E/c] eyed boy would never admit how lonely he was. He didn't have any friends because to other people, he was terrifying. Most referred to him as a demon, even though that was never the case.

The class sat in an awkward silence as they awaited the two Okumara's to return from their summoning to the head's office. Rin and Kuro had been playing in school grounds and destroyed a small dormitory, almost destroying one of the sacred enchanted walls that protect the school from demons.

Mephisto was livid, and unfortunately Yukio was accountable for Rin so he had to leave too, so short notice meant that a substitute teacher was not found either.

The door to the classroom creaked open after many long minutes of awkward glances and half hushed whispers. Yukio stepped into the room, a smile on his face as he dragged his brother, though the smile was very strained through his pissed off aura.

Upon further inspection, it was noticeable that Kuro was no longer with the pair.

"As punishment for allowing such an incident to happen Rin and Kuro have been somehow merged into one person. As for myself, the responsibility was also mine so I am being sent to Russia for a week, you will have a substitute for the rest of the week. However I am going to have to nominate someone to watch over Rin in our dorm, as he clearly can't be trusted." Yukio announced his voice raising a bit near the end. Rin winced at the raise in volume, [M/n] having noticed this slight movement, looking closer to the boy, seeing two cat ears atop his head, almost invisible due to being the same colour as his hair. His normal demon tail had also been replaced by two fluffy cat tails, the same colour as his hair.

The [H/c] haired male found himself blushing slightly at the demon boy's cuteness.

"[M/n], you have proven to be very capable. I also know that you will keep my brother in line, so I am tasking you with this. Good luck." Yukio says, leaving no room for arguments as he heads to leave, giving a curt nod to the substitute teacher as he left.

Cosmic eyes met with [E/c] ones, before the demon boy rushed back to his seat. The class getting back in session.

--

A long silent and very awkward walk awaited Rin and his newly allocated babysitter as they made their way back to the dorms. Rin kept glancing up at the taller male every now and again, he couldn't help but admit to himself how lovely the boy was to look at.

"You just gonna keep staring or are ya gonna ask a question." The deep voice of the [H/c] haired boy growled out, his eyes remaining forward and his face crunching in annoyance.

"S-sorry... i-i just, how d-don't you have any friends?" The blue haired boy asked, internally cursing himself for his stutter, though his ears twitched in curiosity at the mystery man before him.

"If you haven't noticed, people don't exactly like me." [Y/n] said with a sigh, though his face didn't match his words and he did not show any hint of caring. He glanced down at the smaller boy, whose heart fluttered at the calm look on his face. "Why?"

"Well, nobody actually k-knows anything about you, it's just crap to make assumptions..." His voice trailed off at the end, and it was clear to anyone that Rin was talking from experience. He had heard all the rumours and how people called him a demon even though he wasn't, it made Rin mad as this was how he was treated too.

The taller boy grunted, uncomfortable with the level of concern shown his way. He never had people act like this to him before.

"We're here." [Y/n]'s voice rang out to Rin's sensitive ears. The almost thunderous noise proceeding to shock the neko. The pair stood in front of this double doors to the old boys dormitory, the one Rin lived in, the one he hadn't even noticed until now.

"Y-yeah" Rin stuttered, fiddling with the keys and opening the door, allowing [Y/n] in first. "Make yourself comfortable... I'll m-make us dinner."

The blue haired demon cursed himself as he walked towards the kitchen. Hating how he stuttered in every sentence and the awful way his face lit up at every little glance. He had made his way to the kitchen, started a simple meal, shoulders tense and actions sharp as he cut up vegetables for a stew.

He froze. A gentle hand combed through his hair. His ears twitched as he looked to the side.

"Calm down." [Y/n] bluntly said as he continued to pet the boy, scratching behind his fluffy ears.

"I'm perfectly calm!" Rin shouts in a flustered desperation. He glared at the boy, attempting to hide the effects that the petting were having on him.

"Say that to the cutting board you were slaughtering."

And indeed, when Rin looked down, he had finished cutting the carrot and had made a rather large gash in the wooden board.

His cheeks flared up, himself losing all motor functions for a moment out of pure embarrassment.

By the time he had come back to his senses, the other boy had put all the ingredients into a slow cooker and had cleared up the mess, causing Rin to blink in confusion.

"You know how to cook?" The smaller boy asked, tilting his head as he did.

"I just put everything you made together and added some gravy, it doesn't count."

The taller boy walked back over to Rin after he spoke, he then proceeded to continue petting the cat boy. Rin, flustered and awkward, desperately begun to think of something to say to the giant boy.

"I-i-"

"I've had a crush on you since the start of the year." The taller boy announced, not looking at Rin directly, instead looking just above him. A small smile played on Rin's face at the pink tint adorning the other boys cheeks, probably matching his own.

"Err... jinx?"