Fred Weasley | Harry Potter

DOUBLE TROUBLE

Requested By: None

Origin: Harry Potter

Genre: ❤

Warnings: None

--

After some very long and tearful goodbyes our train finally parted from the mystery platform of 9 and 3/4.

"Looking forward to school?" Cedric's voice sounded in the small train booth, we were the only people in there surprisingly, as we had seen many other children aboard.

"Of course, I can't wait to beat your ass at Quidditch!" I say smirking at the look of disagreement adorning his face.

"Yeah right Dumbass! You couldn't beat me if you tried! Besides, it should basically go unsaid that we're going to be placed in the same house, we are practically the same afterall." He roles his eyes as if it is the most obvious answer ever, though I beg to disagree I know better, seeing as the sorting hat decides one's house based on their persona and likeliness as a person.

"Yeah well, go and sparkle in sunlight or something." I huff, sticking my tongue out, however before he could retaliate to my ingenious remark, the booth door slides open and a person walks in, make that two persons; identical actually.

"Mind if we sit? There's no room anywhere else." I swiftly gather my belongings and move to the other side of the booth, taking the seat right next to my brother, as he welcomes them in with warming smiles.

"Of course! Take a seat, I'm Cedric and this is [Y/n], and you are?" Ced is quick to ask, quite naturally due to his friendly nature. I stay quiet however, not being to fond of social interaction, preferably looking on with an observant stare.

"I'm Fred!" The twin in front of me greets rather excitedly. It was rather adorable, his whole posture jumping a little, a bit like a young child in a sweet shop, he gave a cheeky grin with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"And I'm George!" The other half of the duo answered, not as enthusiastic as the first, still sharing the same mischievous glint, however his posture seemed more assertive.

"And we are the Weasley twins!" They said together, George swinging an arm around Fred's shoulder as the latter stuck his tongue out whilst flashing a peace sign. Out of instinct, I grabbed Ced's hand, to which he squeezed mine reassuringly. The twins seemed to notice this and smirk a little, taking the opportunity to tease us; or attempt to.

"So [Y/n] and Cedric, young lovers I presume?" George teased, whilst Fred smirked mockingly, I mentally regurgitated at the mere mention of this incestuous act.

"Ew no!" I rather violently stood before them. To which they looked a little frightened by my outburst, however Ced started laughing, soon followed by myself.

They sat in confusion at the scene playing out before them, Ced and myself caught up in the middle of a giggle fit, until finally he managed to calm down enough to grab my hand; we held our linked hands at eye level.

"Twins" The synchronised hum of our voices called, Fred and George both smiled at the coincidence, an amused glint lingering in their eyes.

"How coincidental, huh?" Ced attempted to strike up a conversation, after a silence almost overcame the cab. The fiery haired duo nodded to my brother, George joining in on the conversation, whereas the other twin and myself remained in silence, deciding to listen to the conversation and add an input where necessary.

"So you guys hoping to join the Quidditch team?" George asked, rather stupidly might I add.

"Well considering that first-years aren't allowed brooms, I guess we aren't." I smartly point out, sitting a little higher in my seat at the slight embarrassed pink tinting George's cheeks.

"Sorry about my brother, what he meant to say was that yes we were going to join when we are allowed, but obviously his smartass mouth got in the way." Ced apologised for me, though he had just set himself up to be knocked down.

"Exactly, though Mr Dumbass over there doesn't quite get sarcasm." I smirked triumphantly as my brother scoffed.

"So we've come to an agreement then?" Fred concludes, though identical confusion crossed the faces of Cedric and I. Upon seeing this the twins that sat across from us grinned devilishly. "You're both arseholes."

Cedric frowned slightly, taken aback by the straightforward statement, however I sat, snickering at the statement as the twins awaited a response. "Damn straight!"

After that the train ride went by rather quickly, the four of us talking away. That was until the sweet cart lady asked if we wanted sweets, to which the twins and myself rushed to the sliding door in a race for the sugary delights awaiting on the other side. After having raced down the train, my [small/long] legs failed me as I was now stuck in line behind the two red heads. Once done, and also buying half the cart might I add, the two made their way back to our booth, not without sticking their tongues out on their way.

"May I have two Pumpkin Pasties, a Chocolate Frog and some Sugared Butterfly Wings, please?" I request, in the politest manner I could concur. The lady simply smiled, handing me the delicacies and taking the money in exchange, "Thank you ma'am!"

Merrily I made my way back to the booth, only to find that George had taken my seat, fully immersed in Ced's story. Shutting the door, I take the seat by Fred who had been quietly looking out the window, although when I had sat down he averted his focus to me, interested to see what I got. "Oi, sparkles, here's the sweets you made me pay for." I say tossing Ced a Pumpkin Pasty and his Sugared Butterfly Wings. Unhappy about the nickname he stubbornly thanked me and continued his conversation with George;

Who was still in my seat.

"Sparkles?" The freckle faced Fred asked, tilting his head to the side a little. Pushing away some subconscious and potentially inappropriate thoughts, I turned to answer him.

"He looks like a character from a series of movies, the character is a vampire who sparkles in the sun. Well anyway, before this we attended a muggle school, and one day a girl called him out, thinking that he was the character. Turns out she had made a wish for her birthday and she wanted the character to marry her, after that she clung to Ced like glue, it was rather funny to watch, seeing as Ced got flustered easily and the claim that he was the character got him a lot of female attention." I explained, giggling here and there, Fred also joined in with my giggles.

"So what's your nickname then?" Fred asks, attempting to hold back the giggles that escape his lips.

"[N/n]," I answered honestly.

"Just [N/n]?" Fred countered, slightly confused.

My brother began to sing, a tune mocking the name I was given, earning a glare from yours truly. "What?" He asks flatly.

"So a song?" Fred smirks, as though he just got told a secret. I glare at him, attempting to deter him from singing it. However he just holds his hands up in mock surrender. "What? I think it's cute."