Scott Reed | 13RW

DON'T QUIT

Requested by: Riverajoseph952

Origin: 13RW

Genre: ❤

Warnings: tears 😢

--

The cute jock of Liberty High, always has been a personal favourite of your's. You were the newspaper kid, the common bad boy resident of every high school. You worked alongside Ryan in the school newspaper, after complaints that his content was too gossip based he had searched for a story teller and you had caught his eye.

Your investigative abilities and nack for journalism scored you top marks on the school newspaper committee.

Currently at this moment in time you were sitting in the bleachers, beanie over your [H/c] hair. You were jotting down notes on the team, they had a big game coming up and you wanted to do an interview on them for how confident they were.

After their practice had finished you had walked over to ask for interviews, you were pretty cool with them, as they to you, seeing as you were popular with girls.

After seeing off the team you looked back to the pitch, only to see Scott getting frustrated as he cleaned up.

"Hey man, what's up?" You walk closer to him, helping with picking up some plastic cones. He looked up, relaxing a little when he saw you. The two of you had been friends for awhile, having met at one of Bryce's parties and quickly becoming friends. He liked being friends with you on account of the fact that you were an outsider, an outlying figure who didn't have any need nor want to repeat the things he said. He also liked the fact that you didn't consent to labelling sexuality, because he was pretty sure he had a huge crush on you that could absolutely ruin him if it ever saw light.

"Hey [Y/n], I erm- it's nothing, just tired." He comments, sighing through his frustrations and calming down a bit with your presence.

"C'mon Scotty, you can't lie to me." You chuckle, seeing him throw another goal post in anger.

He looked up at you, his eyes red as though he was about to cry.

"I don't want to be seen as a rapist and a bully anymore! I don't want people to assume that shit about me! I'm so sick of it! I'm quitting the team!" He yelled, eyes brimming with tears although they didn't fall. I dropped the cones I was collecting, them spreading every where, my face contorted into a scowl as I walk forwards and place my hands on his shoulders.

"Your not quitting the team, like Hell I'd let you! You love baseball! You shouldn't change that for anyone..." I looked at him with a determined look, his tears started running down his cheeks and I quickly acted, pulling him into a hug.

He returned the hug, hiding his face in the crook of my neck. I hug him tighter, hating that this strong sarcastic boy was hurting so much.

"Stick with me, yeah? I'll make all of this go away." I whispered, kissing the side of his head and continuing to hug him.

"Yeah... Okay."

------
Short. Sweet. Taken for ever

 Taken for ever