2 | The Trip to the Burrow

A few days had passed since Fred had invited her to the Quidditch Cup and they'd worked out the details. She'd been sitting on the couch for a few minutes now, along with her parents and her trunk, eagerly awaiting the twins' arrival.

Green flames were ignited in the fireplace, causing Y/n to smile in recognition. She didn't think about how her fireplace was connected to the floo network without her knowledge.

''Hello, Mr. Weasley!'' Y/n greeted as the oldest Weasley man appeared in the fireplace, dusting his robes.

''Hello there, Y/n,'' he said, then looked at her parents. ''Hello, M/n, D/n.''

The fireplace lit again and another Weasley jumped out. ''George!" Y/n exclaimed as she went over to hug the tall boy. He greeted her, too, and the two pulled away when the fireplace lit up for the third time, an identical boy jumping out.

''Fred!'' Y/n said as she threw herself at him. He laughed as he wrapped his arms around her, embracing her tightly. The two stayed like that longer than necessary, though none of them minded. They didn't move when the fireplace lit up for a fourth time and the youngest Weasley boy jumped out, eyeing them up oddly as he made his way to George's side.

Only when Y/n's father coughed did the two finally realize they've been holding each other for a bit too long. Each of them pulled away, sporting a blush on their cheeks. Y/n looked away, not wanting to meet Fred's gaze. Her eyes landed on Ron, finally noticing that he'd arrived as well.

''Ron! Hi!'' She went over to hug him and ruffled his hair in the process, causing the fourteen year old to protest.

''Hi, Y/n,'' Ron spoke as he quickly hugged her back, then fixed his hair when the two pulled away, causing Y/n to chuckle at his behavior. She noticed how over the course of the summer he'd grown taller than her and pouted slightly.

''Hello, Mr. and Mrs. L/n.'' Fred waved at her parents with embarrassment.

Y/n's mom smiled at him. ''Hello, Fred.''

Mr. Weasley had a quick chat with the girl's parents, then sent Y/n's trunk ahead to the Burrow, informing her that they still had to pick up Harry Potter from his house. He went first, then Ron and George followed after him, leaving Y/n and Fred as the last ones.

''Hey, Fred,'' Y/n spoke, causing the boy to hum and look down at her. ''Mind if I travel with you? I don't feel like getting lost.''

Fred chuckled. ''Of course not, love. Come on.'' The two stepped into the fireplace, Y/n wrapping an arm around Fred's. She waved her parents goodbye as the boy took a handful of floo powder out of his pocket and yelled out the Dursleys' address. The green flames engulfed the two, sending them to their desired location.

- - -

Fred, George and Y/n toppled with laughter once they finally arrived at the Burrow, thinking about the prank Fred had played on Harry's cousin, Dudley. They'd decided to use the muggle boy as the test subject of their new invention, Ton Tongue Toffee, and he'd fallen right into their trap. Y/n was one of the last ones to leave, just before Harry, so she had the joy to witness Dudley's tongue starting to grow longer and longer by the second.

Mrs. Weasley was not impressed once she'd found out about what they'd done and scolded the two boys, Y/n watching the process. She made them promise they'll destroy all products they might have, then sent them off to their room, which was now Ron's, seeing as Bill and Charlie were home and they needed a room as well.

Y/n didn't expect her trunk to be in Ron's room – it wasn't the biggest one and there were already four people sleeping in it. Fred and George, though, had certainly been expecting to be sharing a room with their best friend, so it came as a surprise when her possessions weren't there.

''Mum! Where's Y/n's trunk?'' Fred yelled through the door.

''If you want to ask me, come to me, don't yell,'' Mrs. Weasley spoke as she appeared in front of the door a few moments later. ''It's in Ginny's room, by the way.''

''What? Why?'' the twins asked in unison, equal disappointment lacing their voices.

''I'm not letting boys and girls sleep in the same room,'' Mrs. Weasley declared and without another word turned around and walked back down the stairs.

''This is stupid! We're sixteen and responsible!" Fred huffed as he closed the door and sat down on one of the makeshift beds.

''You both damn well know we aren't,'' Y/n said and the twins shrugged in agreement. ''Why don't you two show me your summer progress?''

''We mostly developed candy like the one you saw and made more order forms,'' George spoke as he flopped down on another one of the beds.

Fred continued. ''There're many different ones, though. There're ones that make you faint, or make your nose start bleeding. Instant skip-class card!''

''Sounds interesting,'' Y/n said and sat down next to Fred. ''Have you tested any of them yet?''

''Not yet, we aren't sure if they're poisonous yet. The only one that's now tested was the one we gave to Harry's cousin,'' George told her.

''Wait, you tested it on Harry's cousin?" The twins nodded. ''What if you poisoned him?''

The twins looked at each other, then back at her and shrugged. ''Oops?''

Y/n sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. ''This is why your mum thinks you're irresponsible. Now, let me take a look at those order forms.''

As she read through them, she couldn't help but wonder what it would be like it the twins didn't know her.