49 | The Seven Potters

The news about Dumbeldore's death had come as an unpleasant surprise to the whole Wizarding World. It had been so sudden, no one knew how to react. The twins and Y/n had found out from the Daily Prophet the day after and had closed up the shop so they could visit the Burrow and get more information.

Finding out it was Snape who'd killed him was just as shocking. Hadn't he been a part of the Order? Snape wasn't the most pleasant person alive, but Y/n never thought he'd end up killing someone – even less Dumbledore.

Y/n and the twins had gone to the funeral as well, as were a lot of wizards in Britain. As Y/n stood next to Fred, George and their group of friends, she noticed Harry, Ron and Hermione discussing something private – Y/n could only guess that they were up to no good.

With Dumbledore gone, things were getting worse - as there was currently no one Voldemort particularly feared, who knew when and where and who he could attack. Because of that, Fred had  insisted on walking Y/n to her Auror training classes every day, paranoid that something might happen.

''L/n, seeing as nowadays we need more fighters on the field and you're one of the best students, we've decided to finally put you to work with an Auror,'' Gawain Robads, the head of the Auror Office, informed Y/n as she sat across from him.

''I understand and I'm thankful for the opportunity,'' Y/n spoke as politely as she could. ''If I may ask, who wold I be put with?''

''If you had any other preferences, we'd consider it, but we were thinking of putting you under Nymphadora Tonks' supervision.''

Y/n beamed, immediately agreeing. So Tonks was chosen in the end. This was Y/n's best bet – if she was with Tonks, she would be able to be more involved with the Order. That's exactly what happened when the Auror took Y/n under her wing. Y/n went on all missions Tonks had – be it Ministry or Order work.

''Alright, what's the plan for picking Potter up?'' Mad-Eye asked as he looked around everyone present in the room.

Fifteen people were currently present in the room - everyone who would be part in relocating Harry from Privet Drive to the Burrow before his seventeenth birthday.

''We can use Polyjuice Potion,'' Tonks suggested. ''A few people can turn into Harry and then someone else who still looks like themselves will escort them. That way we'll confuse them and buy the real Harry time to escape.''

''I'm not going to let you risk your lives for me,'' Harry protested when he was informed about the plan. Everyone was aware he'd say that, so before he could stop her, Hermione plucked a few hairs from the back of his head and put them in the Polyjuice Potion.

Fred, George, Ron, Hermione, Fleur and Mundungus Fletcher would be the ones to change into Harry, whilst the rest would be escorting them to the different locations where they would be catching Portkeys to go back to the Burrow.

''Hey, Georgie, we're identical!'' Fred exclaimed, looking at his twin.

It was bizarre to see so many Harrys in the same room, all of them with different personalities and voices. As Y/n observed the scene, one of the Harry's approached her, putting his arm around her shoulders.

''I'm sorry that I'm not as handsome as usual, love, but I promise it's gonna wear off soon,'' Fred's familiar voice spoke to her.

Y/n laughed. ''In all honesty, you look better now.''

Shock crossed Fred's – well, Harry's – face as he looked at her in betrayal. Y/n just laughed at him again as he crossed his arms and pouted like a child. He walked away, going to sulk around, assumingly, George.