15 | Yule Ball

Y/n has never seen the Gryffindor common room so full at Christmas. It felt strange, since most of the time she'd stayed at Hogwarts with only the Weasleys. Because of the Yule Ball, though, the majority of Hogwarts had decided to stay behind for the holidays. The only ones who did not stay were first to third years, and a handful of the older students who weren't allowed to say.

She put the last present in her back and fished her Weasley sweater out of her trunk, then made her way downstairs to look for her friends. She found Angelina and Alicia, and handed them their presents first, then saw Harry, Ron and Hermione. Ginny was the next one to receive her present, then Y/n made her way to the boys' dormitories.

''Merry Christmas, love!'' Fred exclaimed when he opened the door for her, also being clad in his Weasley sweater. He pulled her in the room and the two embraced each other tightly.

''Merry Christmas, Fred!'' She pulled away from Fred and turned to the two remaining boys. ''You too, George, Lee!''

She sat on Fred's bed after she'd embraced George and Lee, dropping her pile of presents next to Fred's. It was a tradition to them, opening their presents in the twins' room. Y/n handed each boy their present and they handed her hers, then each of them got to unwrapping them.

The last present she left was the one from Fred. It was rectangular and it wasn't very big, so Y/n wondered what he could've possibly bought her. Carefully tearing the paper away, she revealed a red velvet box. Opening it revealed the beautiful necklace with a flower pendant inside. She stared at it in astonishment.

''Do you . . . like it?'' Fred asked, anxiousness lacing his voice.

''It's beautiful,'' Y/n said and looked up at him. ''Thank you.'' She reached over and wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

Fred laughed. ''No problem, love.''

- - -

Y/n stood in front of the mirror, admiring the beautiful f/c colored dress Mrs. Weasley had chosen for her. She finally got to wear it after a few months and she absolutely adored it. She just hoped Fred would like it, too.

Angelina and Alicia had finished getting ready way before her – they'd started earlier, while Y/n took her time to enjoy the holiday with the Weasleys and Harry and Hermione in the common room. And now, she was taking her time looking at herself in the mirror, twirling in the dress. She felt like a princess in it.

Looking at her desk, she noticed the velvet box Fred had gifted her. She picked it up and opened it, taking the necklace out and putting it on, then turned around and walked out of the door. The only two people left in the Gryffindor Tower must've been Ginny and Hermione, who Y/n met whilst going down the stairs and the three made their way to the Great Hall together.

Y/n looked around as she made her way down the staircase. Harry and Ron were standing with Padma and Parvati Patil. Neville, Ginny's date, wasn't standing very far from them and neither was Viktor Krum, who's Hermione's date. Cedric was there, too, Cho Chang hanging on his arm. Y/n was glad he'd found a date.

She finally caught Fred's gaze, who's mouth was slightly agape. She blushed and looked at her shoes, parting from Hermione and Ginny to make her way to him quicker. ''Sorry I'm late.'' Fred remained quiet, his eyes trailing up and down his date. Y/n shifted uncomfortably, looking away from him. ''Why're you staring at me?''

''Because you're beautiful,'' said Fred, causing Y/n's cheeks to become warmer.

''Thank you,'' Y/n said, giving him a smile. ''You look rather handsome yourself, Weasley.''