55 | Potterwatch

Y/n picked up the kettle from the tray and poured tea in her cup, picking it up and sipping on it, immediately feeling the warmt spread through her. She leaned back into the couch, relaxing. There was still time before her and the twins would leave for Lee's place, so Bill took Fred and George out to gather wood for the fireplace, while Fleur was upstairs, writing a letter to her parents and sister.

Footsteps were heard down the corridor and Y/n looked towards the doorway of the living room, seeing Ron walk in. He'd showered, she could tell by his damp hair, and changed his clothes, but he hadn't washed away the regret that was still evident in his eyes.

''Hey, Ron,'' Y/n spoke and the boy looked up from his feet. ''Want a cup of tea?''

''Okay,'' Ron nodded and went to the couch, plopping himself down next to her. Y/n poured another cup and handed it to him.

The silence they stayed in wasn't awkward, per se. It was bearable, but she wanted to talk. She wanted to help Ron, seeing how sour his mood was and how bad he just wanted to go back to his friends and help them.

''Ron . . .'' Y/n said quietly and he merely hummed. ''Do you want to talk?''

Ron shrugged.

''I know you're feeling bad for what you did, but you shouldn't let it eat you on the inside. Everyone makes mistakes and mistakes are fixable. You just have to be willing to fix it.''

He nodded, looking at his hands. ''I didn't really mean what I said.'' There was a short pause before he continued. ''We only managed to find one Horcrux for all the time we'd spent away and Hermione and I were starting to become skeptical, but it's a normal thinking mechanism, right? I mean, how were we supposed to find some objects that You-Know-Who has put a part of his soul into? So, yes, Hermione and I discussed it, but we never meant it in a hurtful way. The necklace we took from Umbridge – the Horcrux - was what made me say it in such a way. I never meant to hurt Harry. He's my best friend, of course I trust him.''

Y/n rubbed his back, thinking that maybe it would help him relax a little. They've been through so much, she feel so bad for them.

''I'm sure Harry knows you didn't meant it,'' she tried to ease his worries.

Ron shook his head. ''You didn't see his face, you didn't hear his tone.''

''He could've been mad in the moment, but I'm sure he'll forgive you, if he hasn't already. You've been the best of friends since you were eleven, you went through so much together - this one thing can't ruin the strong friendship you two have, I promise.''

The youngest Weasley boy looked at Y/n, giving her a weak smile. ''Thanks Y/n. You always know what to say.''

She opened her arms, letting him come in her embrace. ''I try,'' she said with a chuckle.

''Hey Y/n – are you cheating on me with my little brother?''

Y/n rolled her eyes as Ron chuckled and the two of them broke the hug, looking at Fred, who was standing at the doorframe, both his and Y/n's jackets hanging on his arm.

''Do we have to leave already?'' Y/n asked, standing up. Had they been talking for that long?

''Yeah, George's outside and waiting,'' Fred informed her as she walked over to him, taking her jacket and putting it on.

''Where're you going?'' asked Ron as he looked at the two from the couch.

''We're meeting up with Lee, it's for this podcast he hosts,'' Fred explained.

''Podcast?'' Ron asked, cocking an eyebrow.

''Yeah, just ask Bill and he'll explain to you,'' Y/n said, then looked at the tea tray still on the table. ''Oh, I have to bring the tea back to the kitchen.''

''I can bring it for you, don't worry,'' Ron said and Y/n nodded. Fred bid him goodbye and walked towards the front door. Y/n was about to follow when she heard Ron call her name. She turned to look at him and he spoke. ''Thanks for listening to me.''

She gave him a smile. ''It's no problem at all, Ronnikins.'' He pouted slightly at the nickname, though Y/n could tell he didn't mind.

- - -

''Apologize for our temporary absence from the airwaves, which was due to a number of house calls in our area by those charming Death Eaters. But now, we're back so let's more to the least concerning - the wizard who's proving just as elusive as Harry Potter. We'd like to refer to him as Chief Death Eater. And here to give his views on some of the some of the more insane rumors circulating about him. I'd like to introduce our new correspondent, Rodent.''

''I'm not being Rodent!'' Fred protested after Lee used the name. ''I told you, I wanna be Reapier!''

''All right, Rapier,'' Lee rolled his eyes. ''Could you tell our listeners the various stories you've heard about the Chief Death Eater?''

''Yes, I can. As our listeners will know, unless they've taken refuge at the bottom of the garden pond, You-Know-Who's strategy of remaining in the shadows is creating a nice climate of panic. Mind you, if all sightings of him are genuine, there must be nineteen You-Know-Who's running around!''

''So people, let's try and calm it down a bit. Things are bad enough for that inventing stuff, for instance, there's no idea if You-Know-Who can kill you with a single glance from his eyes.''

''That's a Basilisk listeners! One simple test - check whether the thing that's glaring at you has legs. If it has, it's safe to look, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that's still likely the last thing you ever do.''

''Well, thank you for the updates, Rodent-''

''Rapier!''

''Don't forget to tune in again next time for more stories, tales, updates and advice in. Password for next time will be 'Moody'. In the meantine-''

''-stay safe and support Harry Potter!''

Lee glared at Fred for cutting him off at the end of the podcast and George and Y/n laughed quietly. The two got up from their chairs and walked over to the table the other two were sitting on.

''Do you think it reached Harry?'' Lee asked.

''I'm not sure. Ron said they didn't even know you were doing this,'' George answered.

''But he knows now, so when he goes back we'll be sure that they're listening,'' Y/n said.

''Are we even sure he's going to find them?'' Fred asked, putting an arm on the back of her chair.

''I have hope that he will. Ron is Harry's best friend - destiny will bring them back together, I'm sure.''