8 | Foreign Guests

Y/n still hadn't come back by the time the Hogwarts Express arrived at Hogsmade Station, which caused Fred to worry. She didn't need that much time last year, why was she gone the whole time? His friends had to stop him from going out and looking for her himself, assuring him she was fine and probably only doing her duties.

Fred grabbed Y/n's trunk along with his, following his friends off the train. Alicia and Angelina went ahead to catch up with other friends of theirs, leaving Lee, George and Fred to wait for Y/n. She did eventually appear, walking out of the train with – to Fred's relief – the female Hufflepuff Prefect from their year. Cedric was close behind, though he didn't seem too pleased, which did amuse Fred, not that he'd admit it.

''Y/n!'' Fred yelled out and the girl looked up upon hearing her name, spotting her best friends. She quickly said something to the Hufflepuff, then joined them.

''I'm sorry you had to take my trunk out as well, I know it must be heavy-''

''It's fine, love, no worries,'' Fred reassured her, not making a move to give her back her trunk. ''Anyway, what took you so long?''

''Oh, Piper wanted to talk with me about Prefect duties,'' Y/n said as the four headed to the carriages.

''Sounds boring.''

''It was.''

George opened the door to one of the horseless carriages and the four piled inside. They were one of the last people to arrive, so they put their trunks along with everyone else's, then noticed the crowd standing around the pillars and pointing at the sky.

''What's going on?'' Y/n asked, craning her neck to try and catch a glimpse. Fred and George were tall enough to tower over most of Hogwarts' population, so they could see the carriage flying in the sky. Y/n wasn't so lucky.

Fred placed his hands on her shoulders and guided her forward. ''Excuse me! Weasley twins and L/n coming through! Thanks!'' People parted and the four managed to make it to the front.

Y/n looked up at Fred. ''You didn't need to do that.''

''Just enjoy the view, will you?'' Fred said, causing Y/n to roll her eyes playfully and turn around.

''Woah,'' she said when she finally saw the beautiful carriage.

''Hey, look!'' someone yelled and everyone looked towards the Black Lake, where a small boat was floating towards Hogwarts. It started rising up, revealing a massive ship, which amazed all students. They were then ushered towards the Great Hall. Everyone sat down on their places and Dumbledore stood at the podium, like he did every year.

''Welcome, welcome, to another year at Hogwarts. As every year, I must tell you that the Forbidden Forest is, as it says in the name, forbidden. And another thing-this year, Hogwarts will not only your home, but to some very special guests as well,'' Dumbledore announced, but before he can continue, Filch ran over to him and handed him a note, then ran away again. The headmaster informed the students that new forbidden items had been added to Mr. Filch's list, then continued with the more exciting part. ''Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event – the Triwizard Tournament.''

The twins shared excited looks. ''Brilliant!''

Y/n gave them a puzzled look. This was the first time the twins knew something she didn't ever since they were in their first year. ''What is that?''

''He's going to explain now,'' Fred told her and the two turned back to pay attention to Dumbledore.

''Now, for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools, for series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to participate,'' Dumledore explained. ''Let me be clear! If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint hearted. But more of that later. Now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies from the Beaubaxtons Academy of Magic!''