39 | April First

It was only seven a.m., and yet both Y/n and Lee were already wide awake. Each of them stood in front of one of the twins' beds – Y/n in front of Fred's and Lee in front of George's – both still in their night clothes and smirks on their faces.

''One . . . two . . .'' Y/n counted, looking at Lee, then the two shared a nod. ''Three!''

''WAKEY, WAKEY, WEASLES!'' The two jumped on top of each twin as they yelled, causing both of them to groan.

''GODRIC, LEE, YOU'RE HEAVY, MATE!'' George called, trying to push his friend off him.

Y/n laughed at Fred, who was wining from underneath her. He removed his blanked from over his head and looked at the girl with half-lidded eyes. ''Hey, Freddie,'' she said, giving him a smile. ''Happy birthday.''

''Thanks, love,'' Fred said, opening his blanket. Y/n crawled under it, snuggling into him. The two wrapped their arms around each other, cuddling.

''Hey, hey, hey! We didn't do this just so you two can end up snuggling!'' Lee called as he finally got off of George.

''It's my birthday, I can do what I want,'' Fred said, then pressed a kiss on Y/n's forehead, causing her to laugh.

''Just don't end up making babies, please,'' George pleaded as he turned on his other side, trying to go back to sleep.

''Why would we be making babies in front of you? We'll do it in private,'' Fred said, causing Y/n to blush.

"Anyway, what are you doing today?" Y/n asked. "I'm sorry I can't spend the morning and noon with you, but I'm packed with classes."

Fred smiled. "It's okay, love, I understand," he said. "Anyway, we'll do what we do every year. Pranks!"

"I'm not a victim, am I?" Y/n asked, pocking his chest.

He looked at her mischievously. "Who knows?"

She gasped dramatically. "I can't believe you would prank your loving girlfriend!" She turned around, her back facing him, though his arms were stull tightly wrapped around her.

"Aw, don't be mad, love, of course I won't prank you," Fred reassured her.

"Doesn't mean I won't!" George called from his bed.

"Don't you dare!" Y/n protested, pouting like a child.

People were wishing happy birthday to Fred and George left and right as the four made their way to the Great Hall. Third years flirted with the twins, though Y/n quickly pulled Fred away and left George on his own accords and to Lee, if he decides to rescue the ginger, that is.

The twins had finished their breakfast in record time, just like they do every year on their birthday. ''We won't be seeing you the whole day, are we?'' Y/n asked as the two stood up.

''Most likely,'' George said.

''Yeah,'' Fred added.

''Don't forget to be back at the common room by nine, alright?'' Lee reminded the two. The twins nodded and before they left, Fred pressed a kiss to the side of Y/n's head, then followed his brother out of the Great Hall.

As Y/n and Lee walked towards their first class, they came across five or more people with colorful hair and quite a few who were wearing robes of the wrong house, none of which seeming particularly happy about it.

McGonagall approached the two Gryffindors before her class started, observing the colorful hairs in her classroom. "It's the twins' birthday today, isn't it?" she asked and the two nodded. "Godric, this is the last time. I'll miss it." Lee and Y/n looked at each other in surprise before bursting in laughs.

- - -

The portrait opened at nine o'clock sharp, the twins entering with giggles. Lee, Angelina, Alicia and Y/n were all sat on the couches in the common room, each of them holding two presents. After they were handed out and the twins had opened them, the group remained in the common room, conversing until well after midnight.

''You guys go ahead,'' Y/n said when George, Lee, Angelina and Alicia had decided to head to bed. ''I need to tell Fred something.''

''Alright, good night, you two,'' George said and the others followed suit before they made their way towards the dorms, leaving the common room completely empty, Fred and Y/n being the only ones left behind.

''What did you have to tell me, love?'' Fred asked, looking at her in confusion.

''I wanted to give you your other gift,'' Y/n said and reached down, bringing her back to her lap. She took a wrapped package out, handing it to Fred. ''Here.''

Fred raised an eyebrow as he took it, tearing the red wrapping paper away. Inside was a book – an old picture of the two of them when they were still first years on the cover. ''What is this?'' he asked as he flipped it to the first page.

''It's a scrapbook,'' Y/n answered. ''I've been making it since first year and I thought it would be fitting to give it to you now, since we're leaving Hogwarts and everything.''

There were pictures – both moving and non-moving ones – scattered across the pages. Words were written here and there, quoting something they'd said or explaining what they were doing. George and Lee were in many of the pictures as well, though it still remained mostly about Fred and Y/n.

''Love, this is brilliant,'' Fred said, continuing to flip through the pages, taking time to properly look at every picture, to read every quote – he was mesmerized. ''No one's done something so thoughtful for me. Thank you.''

''I'm so happy you like it,'' Y/n let out a relieved breath. ''I put my heart and soul into this.''

''It shows. It's amazing,'' Fred said, turning to her and putting a hand on her cheek. He pulled her in, pressing his lips on top of hers, showing his gratitude. He had a big grin when they pulled away, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. ''Let's look through it, together.''

Y/n snuggled closer to him as the two flipped through the scrapbook, laughing at their old memories. It's been seven years – seven years since they met, seven years since they became best friends, seven years since they started Hogwarts together. It felt nostalgic, knowing they'll be leaving soon, but as long a she was with Fred, she knew she could go through anything.