22 | Hiding

Harry Potter fucked up. And big time at that.

Arthur had just told them about how the Boy Who Lived had used a Patronus Charm against Dementors, who'd attacked him and his cousin Dudley, and was currently expelled from Hogwarts. Y/n couldn't blame Harry for what he'd done – if he hadn't protected himself and his cousin, the two of them would be soulless. So, why was the Ministry punishing him so harshly?

Moody, Tonks, Kingsley and a few other people were sent out to fetch Harry from his house on Privet Drive, and it was decided that Arthur would accompany the boy to his trial in the Ministry. Y/n tried to reason with the adult, wanting to go and give a piece of her mind to the ministers as well, but Fred and Arthur had convinced her that it was in Harry's best interest if she stayed back. They, though, agreed with her – or at least said if because they wanted to calm her down.

Molly had made them clean up again – apparently they hadn't cleaned the attic properly the day before, so they had to do it again. Fred and George had managed to convince Ron and Bill to lend them their wands so they can use it to clean, this time being more cautious of Molly.

Fred, George and Y/n were in the twins' room when Harry had arrived, though they found out when they heard him arguing with Ron and Hermione from Ron's room. They'd waited for the trio to calm down before they apparated in the room, startling Harry and amusing the twins in the process.

Y/n said down on the bed next to Harry, giving the boy a side hug. ''How're you feeling? Are you alright? Did the Dementors hurt you?''

Harry laughed. ''I'm alright, don't worry,'' he reassured her.

She wasn't sure how they'd ended up using the Extendable Ears to eavesdrop on the adults' conversation. They were talking about Harry and Y/n found out that Snape was part of the Order of the Phoenix as well, which surprised her. Everything was going according to the plan until Hermione's cat started toying with the ear on the bottom end, breaking it in the process.

''Bad Crookshanks!'' Hermione whisper-yelled at her cat in annoyance.

When Molly came out, the group of teenagers made their way down the stairs, since they were finally allowed in the dining room. Fred and George apparated, scaring Molly in the process, while Y/n rolled her eyes as she watched them, walking down the stairs still.

"Now that you're allowed to use magic does not MEAN YOU HAVE TO WHIP OUT YOUR WANDS FOR EVERYTHING!" she yelled, hitting each of the boys once. The two simply laughed before scurrying off in the dining room.

Fred sat between Y/n and George on the dining table. Y/n was talking with Hermione, Ginny and Tonks, who were sitting opposite of her, when she felt Fred's hand sneak into hers. The h/c haired girl looked at her boyfriend, who was still occupied with talking with his twin, younger brother and Harry, seemingly indifferent about holding her hand. She simply smiled and turned back to her conversation.

Later that night, Y/n was once again sleeping in the twins' room. Fred ran his hand through her hair, massaging her scalp, while Y/n drew forms on Fred's clothed chest. The two were snuggled with each other, even though it was quite a warm night.

''Who do you think this year's Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher would be?'' Fred asked quietly as to not wake up his already asleep brother.

''I can't be sure,'' Y/n admitted. ''I just hope he actually teaches us something. I can't fail my NEWTs.''

''Yeah,'' Fred said. ''Me too. Gotta make up for all these failed OWLs.''

''You don't sound sincere,'' Y/n admitted. Was he really willing to actually put effort in his NEWTs? What's he going to need them for anyway? ''Are you hiding something from me?''

Fred stopped stroking her hair, his hand remaining tangled in it. ''What do you mean?''

Y/n shrugged. ''I don't know. You just kind of sounded like it.''

''You know I tell you everything right?'' Fred asked, resuming his hand movement.

''Yeah, but . . .''

''I'm not hiding anything,'' Fred said, pressing a kiss on her forehead. ''We should probably go to sleep. Mum's most likely going to make us do more chores tomorrow.''

''About time you realized it, I was thinking of going to Ron's room,'' George complained from his bed, revealing that he'd been awake the whole time.

''Oi, don't just listen in on our conversations!'' Fred protested. ''That's private!''

''Then don't have your conversations in the middle of the night when I'm in the same room!'' George said, putting his pillow over his head. ''Just go to sleep already.''

''You've been really grumpy lately, George,'' Y/n commented, slightly turning around to look at the lump on his bed. ''Are you, perhaps, lonely? Jealous?''

''Go to sleep,'' George grumped, causing Y/n and Fred to laugh quietly. They did comply, though, knowing George had endured them enough for today.